Feb 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll won’t face any supplemental discipline for his hit on Cam Fowler during Saturday night’s 7-4 loss to the Ducks.
The hit was arguably the most controversial moment of Anaheim’s wild win — early in the second period, Stoll nailed the Ducks defenseman into the boards, and the result was not good:
The hit itself was somewhat overshadowed by the Bryan Allen-Jordan Nolan fight, but the aftermath wasn’t — Fowler left the game with an upper-body injury and didn’t return, much to the consternation of the Ducks.
“If you saw the replay, Stoll hit him pretty good from behind,” Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau told the OC Register. “And I can understand why the refs didn’t call it. One was getting taken out. There’s another fight going on.
“But surely, you know, I saw the numbers when Stoll hit him. It was right from behind.”
Stoll defended his actions, saying he was actually trying to guide Fowler into the boards.
“I was just trying to carry him in and not go full bore at him,” Stoll explained (via Mayors’ Manor.) “So, I tried my best to do that, so we’ll see what happens.
“I didn’t want to push him in, so that’s why I grabbed the jersey a little bit.”
The Ducks haven’t given an update as to Fowler’s health. The entire team had a full day off Sunday, and team officials didn’t expect to update his status until Monday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
The really busy Saturday matinee edition.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:09 PM EDT
Nashville will aim to clinch without him.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Four teams look to punch their ticket on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Just what the doctor ordered.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
They face the desperate Bruins today.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s a healthy scratch for Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
St. Louis gets Carl Gunnarsson back, too.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:29 AM EDT
Now that’s a “hockey face.”
Mar 28, 2015, 2:16 AM EDT
A round-up of scores from Friday’s NCAA action.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)