Feb 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll won’t face any supplemental discipline for his hit on Cam Fowler during Saturday night’s 7-4 loss to the Ducks.
The hit was arguably the most controversial moment of Anaheim’s wild win — early in the second period, Stoll nailed the Ducks defenseman into the boards, and the result was not good:
The hit itself was somewhat overshadowed by the Bryan Allen-Jordan Nolan fight, but the aftermath wasn’t — Fowler left the game with an upper-body injury and didn’t return, much to the consternation of the Ducks.
“If you saw the replay, Stoll hit him pretty good from behind,” Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau told the OC Register. “And I can understand why the refs didn’t call it. One was getting taken out. There’s another fight going on.
“But surely, you know, I saw the numbers when Stoll hit him. It was right from behind.”
Stoll defended his actions, saying he was actually trying to guide Fowler into the boards.
“I was just trying to carry him in and not go full bore at him,” Stoll explained (via Mayors’ Manor.) “So, I tried my best to do that, so we’ll see what happens.
“I didn’t want to push him in, so that’s why I grabbed the jersey a little bit.”
The Ducks haven’t given an update as to Fowler’s health. The entire team had a full day off Sunday, and team officials didn’t expect to update his status until Monday.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EST
If all goes well, he could be back on Dec. 27, according to Fletcher.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:57 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s forward got a penalty.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Dec 18, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
New York comes back but can’t get two points.
Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Dec 18, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
It’s not a concussion.
Dec 18, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Could the World Junior tournament be next?
Dec 18, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Dec 18, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
Veteran forward had been playing in AHL Grand Rapids.
Dec 18, 2013, 8:29 PM EST
Should be the first of many, based on his junior career.
Dec 18, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
He hasn’t played since Nov. 30.
Dec 18, 2013, 7:17 PM EST
“It is home.”
Dec 18, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
Plans are for him to rejoin the team in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.
Dec 18, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
“If they’re waiting for a coaching change, they’re going to be waiting a long time.”
Dec 18, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
Already has 22 goals this season.
Dec 18, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
Goaltending has been an issue for the Devils this season.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Last played in the NHL back in 2005-06.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
“We have a lot of guys here,” says Patrik Elias.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Tough times in T.O.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Both players are fortunate there was no serious injury.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 14
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 14
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 38
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)