Feb 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
Pacioretty took the warm-up skate with the team before their game against Ottawa this afternoon to see how he felt and he did indeed get the start. He’s half-Max, half-amazing.
You’ll recall that Pacioretty also had a miraculous recovery from the severe concussion he received after Zdeno Chara put him head-first into a stanchion at Bell Centre. That speedy return to action got then Bruins forward Mark Recchi to wonder if he was embellishing the injury. Little did Recchi know he was dealing with a comic book super hero in Pacioretty.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46