Feb 3, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
After undergoing an MRI, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier received mostly good news: he’s just day-to-day with a bone bruise on his foot.
Potentially losing such an important piece (even for only a game or two) isn’t totally fantastic, but considering how long these random injuries have sidelined guys like Scott Hartnell, the Bolts should release a sigh of relief.
A shot hit the big Canadian forward in the foot during Saturday’s 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers.
Lecavalier, 32, has helped the Lightning begin the season with some staggering offense. He has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in eight games while the team already notched 39 tallies.
The Lightning’s next game is against the Flyers in Philadelphia on Tuesday. After that, Tampa Bay go on the road against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday. We’ll keep an eye out for updates on whether he can play through the injury.
May 23, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Mike Milbury isn’t totally certain.
May 23, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
Limited to one joke regarding that Jeremy Roenick quip.
May 23, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Boston’s lineup stays the same as the first three contests.
May 23, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
Gotta pay Zach Parise and Ryan Suter somehow, huh?
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
“The L.A. Kings were a game away from missing the playoffs, and now suddenly they’re the template for everything good in hockey, and I don’t think that’s the case.”
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Franchise legend returns, nearly 10 years after retirement.
May 23, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton (and Matt Bartkowski) all expected to stick.
May 23, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Shutting down the Blackhawks will do that.
May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
But Drew Doughty says Galiardi is the biggest diver on the Sharks, so there.
May 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
For a headshot on Flyers prospect Taylor Leier.
May 23, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Good news for Phoenix hockey fans? (Or just…news.)
May 23, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
“You don’t win a Stanley Cup without going through something like that.”
May 23, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
It’s not pretty.
May 23, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
What happens to the coach if the Rangers get swept tonight?
May 23, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
When asked if Ottawa could come back from a 3-1 series deficit against Pittsburgh, he said “probably not.”
May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
“That’s the way he plays.”
May 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
It would cost them $24 million over 14 years.
May 23, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Cue the buyout speculation.
May 23, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Will he be challenging Ryan Miller for it?
May 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
The home of the Oilers’ AHL affiliate.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 1
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 37
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1