Feb 3, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
After undergoing an MRI, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier received mostly good news: he’s just day-to-day with a bone bruise on his foot.
Potentially losing such an important piece (even for only a game or two) isn’t totally fantastic, but considering how long these random injuries have sidelined guys like Scott Hartnell, the Bolts should release a sigh of relief.
A shot hit the big Canadian forward in the foot during Saturday’s 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers.
Lecavalier, 32, has helped the Lightning begin the season with some staggering offense. He has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in eight games while the team already notched 39 tallies.
The Lightning’s next game is against the Flyers in Philadelphia on Tuesday. After that, Tampa Bay go on the road against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday. We’ll keep an eye out for updates on whether he can play through the injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)