Feb 3, 2013, 4:13 PM EST
Good news for the Vancouver Canucks as former Selke Trophy winning center Ryan Kesler is back skating with the team.
Kesler underwent two operations in the offseason and has yet to play this season, but he’s feeling good about getting back on the ice as The Province shares.
“It’s been an extremely long, hard road for me,” said Kesler. “It felt good to be back out there.
“My goal was to get back out there with the guys. I still have a fair bit of way to go.”
While he says he’s got a long way to go, coach Alain Vigneault is a bit more optimistic about his progress.
Vigneault indicated Kesler will play soon. Kesler didn't sound so sure, but he's going on 2-game trip for practice time.—
Iain MacIntyre (@imacVanSun) February 03, 2013
This difference of opinion is just like when Kesler’s agent and the Canucks differed on how soon he’d be back after being operated on. Either way, Kesler is on his way back and that’s good news for the team.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 1
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 14
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 11
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)