Feb 3, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Good news for the Vancouver Canucks as former Selke Trophy winning center Ryan Kesler is back skating with the team.
Kesler underwent two operations in the offseason and has yet to play this season, but he’s feeling good about getting back on the ice as The Province shares.
“It’s been an extremely long, hard road for me,” said Kesler. “It felt good to be back out there.
“My goal was to get back out there with the guys. I still have a fair bit of way to go.”
While he says he’s got a long way to go, coach Alain Vigneault is a bit more optimistic about his progress.
Vigneault indicated Kesler will play soon. Kesler didn't sound so sure, but he's going on 2-game trip for practice time.—
Iain MacIntyre (@imacVanSun) February 03, 2013
This difference of opinion is just like when Kesler’s agent and the Canucks differed on how soon he’d be back after being operated on. Either way, Kesler is on his way back and that’s good news for the team.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)