Feb 3, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Good news for the Vancouver Canucks as former Selke Trophy winning center Ryan Kesler is back skating with the team.
Kesler underwent two operations in the offseason and has yet to play this season, but he’s feeling good about getting back on the ice as The Province shares.
“It’s been an extremely long, hard road for me,” said Kesler. “It felt good to be back out there.
“My goal was to get back out there with the guys. I still have a fair bit of way to go.”
While he says he’s got a long way to go, coach Alain Vigneault is a bit more optimistic about his progress.
Vigneault indicated Kesler will play soon. Kesler didn't sound so sure, but he's going on 2-game trip for practice time.—
Iain MacIntyre (@imacVanSun) February 03, 2013
This difference of opinion is just like when Kesler’s agent and the Canucks differed on how soon he’d be back after being operated on. Either way, Kesler is on his way back and that’s good news for the team.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 6
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 21
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 76
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (76)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Garcia's fried chicken jibe inappropriate, Tiger says
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole