Feb 3, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals maintained their tradition of Super Bowl Sunday skirmishes today, with Pittsburgh taking this one 6-3. Let’s get to the talking points from the Pens’ road win:
- Keith Jones and Mike Milbury tried to diagnose what’s wrong with Alex Ovechkin, at least compared to his old form. Do you think they’re correct in deeming him too predictable or is there a different issue plaguing him? Is there actually nothing wrong but bad luck?
- Some believe that Braden Holtby should have been pulled in the second period. Did Adam Oates make the right choice in leaving him in? Which goalie should hold the Caps’ top job going forward: Holtby or Michal Neuvirth?
- Mike Green had a goal on Sunday. Can he regain his prolific, pre-injury form or is this just a blip on the radar?
- Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis was at the game. Who do you think he was looking at the most? OK, we’ll bait you: how would Roberto Luongo fit in with the Capitals and what combination of players would make sense to land him?
- Mike Ribeiro had two points (one goal, one assist) on Sunday, pushing his total to 10 points in nine games. He’s quietly been a boon for the struggling team.
- Chris Kunitz collected a hat trick today. Was he the best player on the ice, as the numbers would suggest?
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)