Feb 3, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals maintained their tradition of Super Bowl Sunday skirmishes today, with Pittsburgh taking this one 6-3. Let’s get to the talking points from the Pens’ road win:
- Keith Jones and Mike Milbury tried to diagnose what’s wrong with Alex Ovechkin, at least compared to his old form. Do you think they’re correct in deeming him too predictable or is there a different issue plaguing him? Is there actually nothing wrong but bad luck?
- Some believe that Braden Holtby should have been pulled in the second period. Did Adam Oates make the right choice in leaving him in? Which goalie should hold the Caps’ top job going forward: Holtby or Michal Neuvirth?
- Mike Green had a goal on Sunday. Can he regain his prolific, pre-injury form or is this just a blip on the radar?
- Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis was at the game. Who do you think he was looking at the most? OK, we’ll bait you: how would Roberto Luongo fit in with the Capitals and what combination of players would make sense to land him?
- Mike Ribeiro had two points (one goal, one assist) on Sunday, pushing his total to 10 points in nine games. He’s quietly been a boon for the struggling team.
- Chris Kunitz collected a hat trick today. Was he the best player on the ice, as the numbers would suggest?
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45