Feb 3, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals maintained their tradition of Super Bowl Sunday skirmishes today, with Pittsburgh taking this one 6-3. Let’s get to the talking points from the Pens’ road win:
- Keith Jones and Mike Milbury tried to diagnose what’s wrong with Alex Ovechkin, at least compared to his old form. Do you think they’re correct in deeming him too predictable or is there a different issue plaguing him? Is there actually nothing wrong but bad luck?
- Some believe that Braden Holtby should have been pulled in the second period. Did Adam Oates make the right choice in leaving him in? Which goalie should hold the Caps’ top job going forward: Holtby or Michal Neuvirth?
- Mike Green had a goal on Sunday. Can he regain his prolific, pre-injury form or is this just a blip on the radar?
- Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis was at the game. Who do you think he was looking at the most? OK, we’ll bait you: how would Roberto Luongo fit in with the Capitals and what combination of players would make sense to land him?
- Mike Ribeiro had two points (one goal, one assist) on Sunday, pushing his total to 10 points in nine games. He’s quietly been a boon for the struggling team.
- Chris Kunitz collected a hat trick today. Was he the best player on the ice, as the numbers would suggest?
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 0
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 5
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 48
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (48)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)