Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are going down a road they’re familiar with and one they’d rather not travel.
Lou Korac of NHL.com reports Ken Hitchcock will go with Brian Elliott in the team’s next two games and expects Halak to be back by the weekend. Hitchcock says Halak was injured on Henrik Zetterberg‘s breakaway goal at the end of the Blues’ 5-3 loss the other night.
It’s only a short-term injury but one that bears watching given how things have gone in the past with Halak. Last season, an injury kept Halak from being more of a factor in the playoffs while Elliott came up short against Los Angeles.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13