Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are going down a road they’re familiar with and one they’d rather not travel.
Lou Korac of NHL.com reports Ken Hitchcock will go with Brian Elliott in the team’s next two games and expects Halak to be back by the weekend. Hitchcock says Halak was injured on Henrik Zetterberg‘s breakaway goal at the end of the Blues’ 5-3 loss the other night.
It’s only a short-term injury but one that bears watching given how things have gone in the past with Halak. Last season, an injury kept Halak from being more of a factor in the playoffs while Elliott came up short against Los Angeles.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18