Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are going down a road they’re familiar with and one they’d rather not travel.
Lou Korac of NHL.com reports Ken Hitchcock will go with Brian Elliott in the team’s next two games and expects Halak to be back by the weekend. Hitchcock says Halak was injured on Henrik Zetterberg‘s breakaway goal at the end of the Blues’ 5-3 loss the other night.
It’s only a short-term injury but one that bears watching given how things have gone in the past with Halak. Last season, an injury kept Halak from being more of a factor in the playoffs while Elliott came up short against Los Angeles.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 2
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)