Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues are going down a road they’re familiar with and one they’d rather not travel.
Lou Korac of NHL.com reports Ken Hitchcock will go with Brian Elliott in the team’s next two games and expects Halak to be back by the weekend. Hitchcock says Halak was injured on Henrik Zetterberg‘s breakaway goal at the end of the Blues’ 5-3 loss the other night.
It’s only a short-term injury but one that bears watching given how things have gone in the past with Halak. Last season, an injury kept Halak from being more of a factor in the playoffs while Elliott came up short against Los Angeles.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46