Feb 3, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are going down a road they’re familiar with and one they’d rather not travel.
Lou Korac of NHL.com reports Ken Hitchcock will go with Brian Elliott in the team’s next two games and expects Halak to be back by the weekend. Hitchcock says Halak was injured on Henrik Zetterberg‘s breakaway goal at the end of the Blues’ 5-3 loss the other night.
It’s only a short-term injury but one that bears watching given how things have gone in the past with Halak. Last season, an injury kept Halak from being more of a factor in the playoffs while Elliott came up short against Los Angeles.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 2
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)