Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Detroit Red Wings blue line appeared to get worse Saturday.
Ansar Khan, the Red Wings beat reporter for MLive.com, tweeted that head coach Mike Babcock confirmed Smith suffered a shoulder injury, and although there isn’t a specific timeline for his return, it could be at least a week.
Colaiacovo injured his left shoulder during a game in Columbus on Jan. 21 – the second game of the season for the Wings.
The Detroit News reported that Colaiacovo skated earlier this week for the first time since the injury, but isn’t ready to return.
White plans to play Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, after missing the last five games with a left-leg laceration.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)