Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Detroit Red Wings blue line appeared to get worse Saturday.
Ansar Khan, the Red Wings beat reporter for MLive.com, tweeted that head coach Mike Babcock confirmed Smith suffered a shoulder injury, and although there isn’t a specific timeline for his return, it could be at least a week.
Colaiacovo injured his left shoulder during a game in Columbus on Jan. 21 – the second game of the season for the Wings.
The Detroit News reported that Colaiacovo skated earlier this week for the first time since the injury, but isn’t ready to return.
White plans to play Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, after missing the last five games with a left-leg laceration.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)