Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Detroit Red Wings blue line appeared to get worse Saturday.
Ansar Khan, the Red Wings beat reporter for MLive.com, tweeted that head coach Mike Babcock confirmed Smith suffered a shoulder injury, and although there isn’t a specific timeline for his return, it could be at least a week.
Colaiacovo injured his left shoulder during a game in Columbus on Jan. 21 – the second game of the season for the Wings.
The Detroit News reported that Colaiacovo skated earlier this week for the first time since the injury, but isn’t ready to return.
White plans to play Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, after missing the last five games with a left-leg laceration.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)