Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Detroit Red Wings blue line appeared to get worse Saturday.
Ansar Khan, the Red Wings beat reporter for MLive.com, tweeted that head coach Mike Babcock confirmed Smith suffered a shoulder injury, and although there isn’t a specific timeline for his return, it could be at least a week.
Colaiacovo injured his left shoulder during a game in Columbus on Jan. 21 – the second game of the season for the Wings.
The Detroit News reported that Colaiacovo skated earlier this week for the first time since the injury, but isn’t ready to return.
White plans to play Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, after missing the last five games with a left-leg laceration.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54