Feb 2, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
The injury situation on the Detroit Red Wings blue line appeared to get worse Saturday.
Ansar Khan, the Red Wings beat reporter for MLive.com, tweeted that head coach Mike Babcock confirmed Smith suffered a shoulder injury, and although there isn’t a specific timeline for his return, it could be at least a week.
Colaiacovo injured his left shoulder during a game in Columbus on Jan. 21 – the second game of the season for the Wings.
The Detroit News reported that Colaiacovo skated earlier this week for the first time since the injury, but isn’t ready to return.
White plans to play Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, after missing the last five games with a left-leg laceration.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)