Feb 2, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
It took a little longer than the Canadiens hoped, but P.K. Subban‘s season begins today.
The team announced Subban will be in the lineup for Montreal against the Buffalo Sabres for this afternoon’s game. Subban, of course, missed the team’s first six games of the season thanks to contract negotiations that dragged through the abbreviated training camp and into the start of the season.
Subban was paired up with Francis Bouillon during practice this week and should be back together again today. The reception he gets from the fans today should be something to see and hear.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'