Feb 2, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
It took a little longer than the Canadiens hoped, but P.K. Subban‘s season begins today.
The team announced Subban will be in the lineup for Montreal against the Buffalo Sabres for this afternoon’s game. Subban, of course, missed the team’s first six games of the season thanks to contract negotiations that dragged through the abbreviated training camp and into the start of the season.
Subban was paired up with Francis Bouillon during practice this week and should be back together again today. The reception he gets from the fans today should be something to see and hear.
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 1
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 22
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 16
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 7
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 5
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (73)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)