Feb 2, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren provided an update on forward Wayne Simmonds Saturday evening and the news doesn’t sound promising.
Erskine has been suspended three games, while the 24-year-old Simmonds will remain out of the Flyers lineup indefinitely, according to a statement released by the Flyers.
Simmonds was held out of Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes.
“It’s disappointing,” Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette told NHL.com. “We certainly could use him in the lineup right now. His ability to score, his physical presence, the roles and situations and the minutes that he plays on our team, we’ll miss him.”
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 5
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 48
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 15
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 73
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 12
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (73)