Feb 2, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren provided an update on forward Wayne Simmonds Saturday evening and the news doesn’t sound promising.
Erskine has been suspended three games, while the 24-year-old Simmonds will remain out of the Flyers lineup indefinitely, according to a statement released by the Flyers.
Simmonds was held out of Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes.
“It’s disappointing,” Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette told NHL.com. “We certainly could use him in the lineup right now. His ability to score, his physical presence, the roles and situations and the minutes that he plays on our team, we’ll miss him.”
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17