Feb 2, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren provided an update on forward Wayne Simmonds Saturday evening and the news doesn’t sound promising.
Erskine has been suspended three games, while the 24-year-old Simmonds will remain out of the Flyers lineup indefinitely, according to a statement released by the Flyers.
Simmonds was held out of Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes.
“It’s disappointing,” Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette told NHL.com. “We certainly could use him in the lineup right now. His ability to score, his physical presence, the roles and situations and the minutes that he plays on our team, we’ll miss him.”
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 14
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)