Feb 2, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren provided an update on forward Wayne Simmonds Saturday evening and the news doesn’t sound promising.
Erskine has been suspended three games, while the 24-year-old Simmonds will remain out of the Flyers lineup indefinitely, according to a statement released by the Flyers.
Simmonds was held out of Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes.
“It’s disappointing,” Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette told NHL.com. “We certainly could use him in the lineup right now. His ability to score, his physical presence, the roles and situations and the minutes that he plays on our team, we’ll miss him.”
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3