Feb 2, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
Who knows how many more times goaltender Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver, but if he keeps playing like this, Canucks GM Mike Gillis might be tempted to take him off the trading block.
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault decided to go with Luongo for a third consecutive game as the Canucks faced one of their most heated rivals, the Blackhawks.
Chicago got off to a 6-0-1 start in 2013 while Vancouver’s season has been much more of a mix bag, but Luongo kicked out 27 of 28 shots Friday night to force the contest to a shootout.
That includes this big save by the Canucks netminder late in the third period:
Luongo now has a 1.46 GAA and .944 save percentage in five games this season.
So…who will start for Vancouver on Monday against Edmonton?
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 13
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)