Feb 2, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
Who knows how many more times goaltender Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver, but if he keeps playing like this, Canucks GM Mike Gillis might be tempted to take him off the trading block.
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault decided to go with Luongo for a third consecutive game as the Canucks faced one of their most heated rivals, the Blackhawks.
Chicago got off to a 6-0-1 start in 2013 while Vancouver’s season has been much more of a mix bag, but Luongo kicked out 27 of 28 shots Friday night to force the contest to a shootout.
That includes this big save by the Canucks netminder late in the third period:
Luongo now has a 1.46 GAA and .944 save percentage in five games this season.
So…who will start for Vancouver on Monday against Edmonton?
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)