Feb 2, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
Who knows how many more times goaltender Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver, but if he keeps playing like this, Canucks GM Mike Gillis might be tempted to take him off the trading block.
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault decided to go with Luongo for a third consecutive game as the Canucks faced one of their most heated rivals, the Blackhawks.
Chicago got off to a 6-0-1 start in 2013 while Vancouver’s season has been much more of a mix bag, but Luongo kicked out 27 of 28 shots Friday night to force the contest to a shootout.
That includes this big save by the Canucks netminder late in the third period:
Luongo now has a 1.46 GAA and .944 save percentage in five games this season.
So…who will start for Vancouver on Monday against Edmonton?
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 45
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1