Feb 2, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
Who knows how many more times goaltender Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver, but if he keeps playing like this, Canucks GM Mike Gillis might be tempted to take him off the trading block.
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault decided to go with Luongo for a third consecutive game as the Canucks faced one of their most heated rivals, the Blackhawks.
Chicago got off to a 6-0-1 start in 2013 while Vancouver’s season has been much more of a mix bag, but Luongo kicked out 27 of 28 shots Friday night to force the contest to a shootout.
That includes this big save by the Canucks netminder late in the third period:
Luongo now has a 1.46 GAA and .944 save percentage in five games this season.
So…who will start for Vancouver on Monday against Edmonton?
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)