Feb 2, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Good news, Islanders fans. Not only is your team tied atop the Atlantic Division but Josh Bailey is getting closer to returning.
The team shared news that Bailey joined the team during today’s practice and he worked on the fourth line. Bailey was injured while playing in Germany during the lockout and that caused the team to suspend him.
The issue for Bailey now is he’ll have a battle on his hands to get back into the lineup. Keith Aucoin has taken advantage of opportunity to lock up a spot on the third line while Marty Reasoner centers the fourth line. Having a little competition to earn a starting spot is never usually a bad thing.
Bailey had 13 goals and 32 points last season for the Isles in 80 games.
Jul 13, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Two interesting futures for Washington locked up.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Will he make the team?
Jul 13, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He’s gifted offensively, but the blueliner needs to work on his defensive game.
Jul 13, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The highly regarded prospect spent the 2013-14 campaign adjusting to North American hockey.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
But Wild GM Chuck Fletcher cautioned that it would be harder to figure out the numbers for a longer-term deal.
Jul 13, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
He was taken with the third overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
The goal is for him to make a full recovery before the start of training camp.
Jul 13, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s likely to be the AHL affiliate’s No. 1 goalie.
Jul 13, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Sunday’s slew of stories.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Taking the scenic route to development.
Jul 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
One columnist lays out the sticky situation.
Jul 12, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
He’s recovering from offseason wrist surgery.
Jul 12, 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
He was part of the Jarome Iginla trade.
Jul 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
He bought the team back in 1999.
Jul 12, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
The 2012 first-rounder excelled at the junior level last season.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
He’s been watching Washington for a while now.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He might start the 2014-15 campaign with the Sabres.
Jul 12, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
He wants to return to the NHL.
Jul 12, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
The two share an agent.
Jul 12, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
The Flyers goaltending prospect is set to begin his pro career in 2014-15.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)