Feb 2, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s been a hard-knock life for Detroit’s Jimmy Howard this season. He’s started all seven games for the Red Wings and has played every minute except for the final 20 of their first game against St. Louis, a 6-0 beat down.
The side effect of all that play? He hasn’t been able to talk about a contract extension with GM Ken Holland as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports.
“To be honest, there’s no time even to think about it these days,” he said. “Last time around, there was a lot more downtime. Now it’s just, you’re constantly going and constantly playing.”
Howard is in the final year of a two-year, $4.5 million contract and with how he’s played and how much he’s taken on this year, he’s proving his worth. With Jonas Gustavsson dealing with a wonky groin and rookie Thomas McCollum getting the uneasy call-up, it’s been all up to Howard to make sure the Wings hang tough.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)