Feb 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been trotting out more than a few kids to their starting lineup, but they’re waiting for one more veteran leader to return.
Injured center Derek Roy returned to skating with the team yesterday, as Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, and it’s looking like he could be back in the lineup as early as Monday. Coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get him back.
“We need to get him back in the lineup, that’s a big piece of our game,” Gulutzan said. “Faceoff-wise, he’s playing 20 minutes a game, we need him. We’re not going to rush him through it, he has to be ready to come back, but Monday is the start date.”
A sore groin has kept Roy out of action over the team’s last four games. Last night’s shootout win over Phoenix is the team’s only win in those four games. Incidentally, once he returns to action, and barring any injuries tonight, the Stars will finally have their top six forwards intact.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)