Feb 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been trotting out more than a few kids to their starting lineup, but they’re waiting for one more veteran leader to return.
Injured center Derek Roy returned to skating with the team yesterday, as Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, and it’s looking like he could be back in the lineup as early as Monday. Coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get him back.
“We need to get him back in the lineup, that’s a big piece of our game,” Gulutzan said. “Faceoff-wise, he’s playing 20 minutes a game, we need him. We’re not going to rush him through it, he has to be ready to come back, but Monday is the start date.”
A sore groin has kept Roy out of action over the team’s last four games. Last night’s shootout win over Phoenix is the team’s only win in those four games. Incidentally, once he returns to action, and barring any injuries tonight, the Stars will finally have their top six forwards intact.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)