Feb 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been trotting out more than a few kids to their starting lineup, but they’re waiting for one more veteran leader to return.
Injured center Derek Roy returned to skating with the team yesterday, as Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, and it’s looking like he could be back in the lineup as early as Monday. Coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get him back.
“We need to get him back in the lineup, that’s a big piece of our game,” Gulutzan said. “Faceoff-wise, he’s playing 20 minutes a game, we need him. We’re not going to rush him through it, he has to be ready to come back, but Monday is the start date.”
A sore groin has kept Roy out of action over the team’s last four games. Last night’s shootout win over Phoenix is the team’s only win in those four games. Incidentally, once he returns to action, and barring any injuries tonight, the Stars will finally have their top six forwards intact.
- Suspension-worthy? Perry hit by Byfuglien after scoring a goal 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 47
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)