Feb 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been trotting out more than a few kids to their starting lineup, but they’re waiting for one more veteran leader to return.
Injured center Derek Roy returned to skating with the team yesterday, as Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reports, and it’s looking like he could be back in the lineup as early as Monday. Coach Glen Gulutzan is eager to get him back.
“We need to get him back in the lineup, that’s a big piece of our game,” Gulutzan said. “Faceoff-wise, he’s playing 20 minutes a game, we need him. We’re not going to rush him through it, he has to be ready to come back, but Monday is the start date.”
A sore groin has kept Roy out of action over the team’s last four games. Last night’s shootout win over Phoenix is the team’s only win in those four games. Incidentally, once he returns to action, and barring any injuries tonight, the Stars will finally have their top six forwards intact.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)