Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Last night’s fight between Matt Hendricks and Zac Rinaldo saw both players tossed from the game for fighting before the faceoff started. What’s curious for the combatants is they thought the puck had already been dropped.
Hendricks had a good line for the media in Washington today, as shared by Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times, as to why he and Rinaldo jumped the gun on the puck drop to trade punches.
“There was some tomfoolery in that one, without a doubt,” Hendricks said. “We had all the expectations that the puck was dropped.”
Tomfoolery! He’s a regular Teddy Roosevelt with commentary like that. Good thing he plays in Washington where that kind of lingo flies well. Then again, maybe he’s been watching a lot of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He’s kind of a rapscallion.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)