Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Last night’s fight between Matt Hendricks and Zac Rinaldo saw both players tossed from the game for fighting before the faceoff started. What’s curious for the combatants is they thought the puck had already been dropped.
Hendricks had a good line for the media in Washington today, as shared by Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times, as to why he and Rinaldo jumped the gun on the puck drop to trade punches.
“There was some tomfoolery in that one, without a doubt,” Hendricks said. “We had all the expectations that the puck was dropped.”
Tomfoolery! He’s a regular Teddy Roosevelt with commentary like that. Good thing he plays in Washington where that kind of lingo flies well. Then again, maybe he’s been watching a lot of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He’s kind of a rapscallion.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 2
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 8
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 7
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)