Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Last night’s fight between Matt Hendricks and Zac Rinaldo saw both players tossed from the game for fighting before the faceoff started. What’s curious for the combatants is they thought the puck had already been dropped.
Hendricks had a good line for the media in Washington today, as shared by Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times, as to why he and Rinaldo jumped the gun on the puck drop to trade punches.
“There was some tomfoolery in that one, without a doubt,” Hendricks said. “We had all the expectations that the puck was dropped.”
Tomfoolery! He’s a regular Teddy Roosevelt with commentary like that. Good thing he plays in Washington where that kind of lingo flies well. Then again, maybe he’s been watching a lot of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He’s kind of a rapscallion.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)