Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Last night’s fight between Matt Hendricks and Zac Rinaldo saw both players tossed from the game for fighting before the faceoff started. What’s curious for the combatants is they thought the puck had already been dropped.
Hendricks had a good line for the media in Washington today, as shared by Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times, as to why he and Rinaldo jumped the gun on the puck drop to trade punches.
“There was some tomfoolery in that one, without a doubt,” Hendricks said. “We had all the expectations that the puck was dropped.”
Tomfoolery! He’s a regular Teddy Roosevelt with commentary like that. Good thing he plays in Washington where that kind of lingo flies well. Then again, maybe he’s been watching a lot of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He’s kind of a rapscallion.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 27
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)