Feb 2, 2013, 3:39 PM EST
Last night’s fight between Matt Hendricks and Zac Rinaldo saw both players tossed from the game for fighting before the faceoff started. What’s curious for the combatants is they thought the puck had already been dropped.
Hendricks had a good line for the media in Washington today, as shared by Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times, as to why he and Rinaldo jumped the gun on the puck drop to trade punches.
“There was some tomfoolery in that one, without a doubt,” Hendricks said. “We had all the expectations that the puck was dropped.”
Tomfoolery! He’s a regular Teddy Roosevelt with commentary like that. Good thing he plays in Washington where that kind of lingo flies well. Then again, maybe he’s been watching a lot of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. He’s kind of a rapscallion.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 40
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 40
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)