Feb 2, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
It was over four years in the making, but Chris Bourque has finally scored his second career National Hockey League goal.
The stage he did so on wasn’t bad either.
Bourque scored the lone goal in the Bruins 1-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre Saturday.
The 27-year-old Bourque, the son of Hall of Fame defenseman Ray Bourque, last scored in the NHL on Dec. 30, 2008, when he was a member of the Washington Capitals.
To keep some perspective on the elongated scoring slump, it’s worth noting Bourque spent the 2010-11 season in Europe and last season in the American Hockey League.
His goal against the Leafs comes two days after he was a healthy scratch against the Buffalo Sabres.
Per Julien: Cautionary move on Bruins part to take Marchand out of game. Marchand wanted to keep going but Bruins thinking more long-term.—
Naoko Funayama (@NaokoFunayama) February 03, 2013
Marchand not available to media after Bruins win. Julien shuts him down after two periods, says Marchand, ''Could have played in a pinch.''—
Kevin Paul Dupont (@GlobeKPD) February 03, 2013
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Colorado overcomes some strange officiating late in Game 2.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 2
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 7
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7