Feb 2, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
It was over four years in the making, but Chris Bourque has finally scored his second career National Hockey League goal.
The stage he did so on wasn’t bad either.
Bourque scored the lone goal in the Bruins 1-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre Saturday.
The 27-year-old Bourque, the son of Hall of Fame defenseman Ray Bourque, last scored in the NHL on Dec. 30, 2008, when he was a member of the Washington Capitals.
To keep some perspective on the elongated scoring slump, it’s worth noting Bourque spent the 2010-11 season in Europe and last season in the American Hockey League.
His goal against the Leafs comes two days after he was a healthy scratch against the Buffalo Sabres.
Per Julien: Cautionary move on Bruins part to take Marchand out of game. Marchand wanted to keep going but Bruins thinking more long-term.—
Naoko Funayama (@NaokoFunayama) February 03, 2013
Marchand not available to media after Bruins win. Julien shuts him down after two periods, says Marchand, ''Could have played in a pinch.''—
Kevin Paul Dupont (@GlobeKPD) February 03, 2013
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)