Feb 2, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Wisniewski, who scored earlier in the game, crashed heavily back-first into the boards during the second period, and needed the assistance of two teammates to be helped off the ice.
The Associated Press reported that Wisniewski sustained a concussion on the play.
“It’s awful to see a guy lying there like he was,” said Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson. “Your heart kind of stops for a minute. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. Once we saw him talking and move, it’s a huge sigh of relief.”
The Blue Jackets hung on for a 4-2 win.
Johnson, 26, had an assist and a personal season-high in ice time at 34 minutes and 59 seconds, which is also a franchise record, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 24
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1