Feb 2, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Wisniewski, who scored earlier in the game, crashed heavily back-first into the boards during the second period, and needed the assistance of two teammates to be helped off the ice.
The Associated Press reported that Wisniewski sustained a concussion on the play.
“It’s awful to see a guy lying there like he was,” said Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson. “Your heart kind of stops for a minute. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. Once we saw him talking and move, it’s a huge sigh of relief.”
The Blue Jackets hung on for a 4-2 win.
Johnson, 26, had an assist and a personal season-high in ice time at 34 minutes and 59 seconds, which is also a franchise record, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4