Feb 2, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Wisniewski, who scored earlier in the game, crashed heavily back-first into the boards during the second period, and needed the assistance of two teammates to be helped off the ice.
The Associated Press reported that Wisniewski sustained a concussion on the play.
“It’s awful to see a guy lying there like he was,” said Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson. “Your heart kind of stops for a minute. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. Once we saw him talking and move, it’s a huge sigh of relief.”
The Blue Jackets hung on for a 4-2 win.
Johnson, 26, had an assist and a personal season-high in ice time at 34 minutes and 59 seconds, which is also a franchise record, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)