Feb 2, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
Wisniewski, who scored earlier in the game, crashed heavily back-first into the boards during the second period, and needed the assistance of two teammates to be helped off the ice.
The Associated Press reported that Wisniewski sustained a concussion on the play.
“It’s awful to see a guy lying there like he was,” said Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson. “Your heart kind of stops for a minute. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. Once we saw him talking and move, it’s a huge sigh of relief.”
The Blue Jackets hung on for a 4-2 win.
Johnson, 26, had an assist and a personal season-high in ice time at 34 minutes and 59 seconds, which is also a franchise record, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 6
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 14
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)