Feb 2, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
Wisniewski, who scored earlier in the game, crashed heavily back-first into the boards during the second period, and needed the assistance of two teammates to be helped off the ice.
The Associated Press reported that Wisniewski sustained a concussion on the play.
“It’s awful to see a guy lying there like he was,” said Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson. “Your heart kind of stops for a minute. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. Once we saw him talking and move, it’s a huge sigh of relief.”
The Blue Jackets hung on for a 4-2 win.
Johnson, 26, had an assist and a personal season-high in ice time at 34 minutes and 59 seconds, which is also a franchise record, as per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)