Feb 1, 2013, 2:17 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ perfect record has been challenged the past two games, but it remains intact.
“The more sexy thing is the offense,” Joe Thornton told the San Francisco Chronicle. “Obviously, we’re scoring a lot of goals, but we’re winning because of our defense. They go hand-in-hand.”
The Sharks are now 7-0-0, with 41 games remaining in their schedule.
The Chicago Blackhawks and New Jersey Devils have yet to lose in regulation, however the Hawks have one shootout loss and the Devils have two overtime losses and one in shootouts.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)