Feb 1, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks’ perfect record has been challenged the past two games, but it remains intact.
“The more sexy thing is the offense,” Joe Thornton told the San Francisco Chronicle. “Obviously, we’re scoring a lot of goals, but we’re winning because of our defense. They go hand-in-hand.”
The Sharks are now 7-0-0, with 41 games remaining in their schedule.
The Chicago Blackhawks and New Jersey Devils have yet to lose in regulation, however the Hawks have one shootout loss and the Devils have two overtime losses and one in shootouts.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)