Feb 1, 2013, 2:17 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ perfect record has been challenged the past two games, but it remains intact.
“The more sexy thing is the offense,” Joe Thornton told the San Francisco Chronicle. “Obviously, we’re scoring a lot of goals, but we’re winning because of our defense. They go hand-in-hand.”
The Sharks are now 7-0-0, with 41 games remaining in their schedule.
The Chicago Blackhawks and New Jersey Devils have yet to lose in regulation, however the Hawks have one shootout loss and the Devils have two overtime losses and one in shootouts.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)