Feb 1, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks’ perfect record has been challenged the past two games, but it remains intact.
“The more sexy thing is the offense,” Joe Thornton told the San Francisco Chronicle. “Obviously, we’re scoring a lot of goals, but we’re winning because of our defense. They go hand-in-hand.”
The Sharks are now 7-0-0, with 41 games remaining in their schedule.
The Chicago Blackhawks and New Jersey Devils have yet to lose in regulation, however the Hawks have one shootout loss and the Devils have two overtime losses and one in shootouts.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)