Feb 1, 2013, 2:17 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ perfect record has been challenged the past two games, but it remains intact.
“The more sexy thing is the offense,” Joe Thornton told the San Francisco Chronicle. “Obviously, we’re scoring a lot of goals, but we’re winning because of our defense. They go hand-in-hand.”
The Sharks are now 7-0-0, with 41 games remaining in their schedule.
The Chicago Blackhawks and New Jersey Devils have yet to lose in regulation, however the Hawks have one shootout loss and the Devils have two overtime losses and one in shootouts.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)