Feb 1, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Three rounds in the shootout didn’t solve anything. Six rounds? Nope.
Finally, in the eighth round, the Nashville Predators came away with a 2-1 shootout victory over the L.A. Kings Thursday night.
The win snaps a three-game losing skid for Nashville.
Dustin Brown scored his first of the season for the Kings, although head coach Darryl Sutter still isn’t happy with the offensive output of his team.
“We’re still not getting that goal out of players we need to score,” Sutter told the L.A. Times.
“It comes down to details.”
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 10
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 16
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 29
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)