Feb 1, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Three rounds in the shootout didn’t solve anything. Six rounds? Nope.
Finally, in the eighth round, the Nashville Predators came away with a 2-1 shootout victory over the L.A. Kings Thursday night.
The win snaps a three-game losing skid for Nashville.
Dustin Brown scored his first of the season for the Kings, although head coach Darryl Sutter still isn’t happy with the offensive output of his team.
“We’re still not getting that goal out of players we need to score,” Sutter told the L.A. Times.
“It comes down to details.”
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)