Feb 1, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Three rounds in the shootout didn’t solve anything. Six rounds? Nope.
Finally, in the eighth round, the Nashville Predators came away with a 2-1 shootout victory over the L.A. Kings Thursday night.
The win snaps a three-game losing skid for Nashville.
Dustin Brown scored his first of the season for the Kings, although head coach Darryl Sutter still isn’t happy with the offensive output of his team.
“We’re still not getting that goal out of players we need to score,” Sutter told the L.A. Times.
“It comes down to details.”
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)