Feb 1, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Some news, notes and transactions to pass your way…
Bruins’ Paille hurt
Boston forward Dan Paille won’t travel with the club for Saturday’s game in Toronto after taking a high stick to the face during the third period of Thursday’s 7-4 loss to Buffalo.
Winger Jamie Tardif has been recalled from AHL Providence to fill Paille’s spot on the fourth line.
“We’re going to deem it an upper-body injury, only for the reason that right now, we don’t have all the details,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of the Paille injury. “We know he got the high stick, right? Once we get more clarification on his injury, we’ll let you know.”
Latendresse out Friday
The 25-year-old forward has appeared in six games for the Sens this year, scoring one point while averaging just over 13 minutes per night.
Ottawa will be in Carolina on Friday to take on the ‘Canes, then will travel to Montreal for a Super Bowl Sunday affair against the Canadiens.
Habs assign Blunden
The Montreal Canadiens have sent forward Michael Blunden to AHL Hamilton.
Blunden, 26, hasn’t appeared in a game for the Habs this season. He spent most of the lockout playing for the Bulldogs, racking up 7G-7A-14PTS in 37 games.
The former Chicago draftee has appeared in 90 NHL contests — 39 of which came with Montreal last season, when he registered two goals and two assists.
- In praise of John Tavares 2
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 9
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31