Feb 1, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
There must be something about The Big Apple that brings out the best in the Pittsburgh Penguins.
While the Penguins celebrated, the Rangers lamented.
New York’s head coach John Tortorella called Thursday’s loss, “…probably the worst we’ve played all year, collectively.”
“It doesn’t matter who’s in there,” Rangers blue liner Dan Girardi told the New York Times.
“I know he brings a lot of energy and finishes a lot of checks, but we have guys that can do that as well in the lineup right now.”
Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun made 28 saves for his 48th career regular season shutout.
“I think we knew Tomas is a very good goalie and he has pretty good numbers,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma told NHL.com.
“He’s been a starter. We knew were going to get a guy who can come in and win games, win big games for us, and he’s done that twice in this building. He had two or three big saves that he had to make. He was great.”
It’s as if the Penguins can’t lose at Madison Square Garden, or to the Rangers for that matter.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)