Feb 1, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Yeah, that’s not going to happen anymore.
According to Bill Beacon of the Canadian Press, the “triple-low-five” is out for this season:
Carey Price said the post-victory triple-low-five celebrations he used to do with Subban have been banned. Only team celebrations are now tolerated.
The Canadiens this season skate to centre ice after wins and raise their sticks to the fans.
“It’s a team concept,” said Therrien of the team rule. “You have to respect the game, the other team and the fans.
“The way we decided to celebrate this year is to salute the fans because they deserve it.”
So no individualistic cellies in Montreal this season. C’est dommage. (Also, I got over my concern with using “celly” and just, you know, went for it. YOLO.)
In related news, there’s still no word if Subban will make his season debut on Saturday when the Canadiens take on Buffalo at the Bell Centre.
Subban skated on the third defence pair with Francis Bouillon at Friday’s practice — that was also the pairing for the second power-play unit.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)