Feb 1, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Yeah, that’s not going to happen anymore.
According to Bill Beacon of the Canadian Press, the “triple-low-five” is out for this season:
Carey Price said the post-victory triple-low-five celebrations he used to do with Subban have been banned. Only team celebrations are now tolerated.
The Canadiens this season skate to centre ice after wins and raise their sticks to the fans.
“It’s a team concept,” said Therrien of the team rule. “You have to respect the game, the other team and the fans.
“The way we decided to celebrate this year is to salute the fans because they deserve it.”
So no individualistic cellies in Montreal this season. C’est dommage. (Also, I got over my concern with using “celly” and just, you know, went for it. YOLO.)
In related news, there’s still no word if Subban will make his season debut on Saturday when the Canadiens take on Buffalo at the Bell Centre.
Subban skated on the third defence pair with Francis Bouillon at Friday’s practice — that was also the pairing for the second power-play unit.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)