Feb 1, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Granted, we’re setting ourselves up for a “TALK HOCKEY NOT STUPID NFL CINDY CRSOBY SUKS!!!!!!!!!!” comment below, but we thought we’d pass along a bunch of Super Bowl picks from NHLers anyway.
|Sidney Crosby, PIT||SF 20, BAL 14|
|Brooks Orpik, PIT||SF 21, BAL 17|
|Martin St. Louis, TBL||SF 27, BAL 14|
|Paul Bissonnette, PHX||SF 28, BAL 24|
|Shane Doan, PHX||BAL 24, SF 21|
|Jarret Stoll, LAK||SF 20, BAL 14|
|Mike Richards, LAK||BAL 27, SF 24|
|Drew Doughty, LAK||SF 35, BAL 24|
|Adam Henrique, NJD||SF 27, BAL 24|
|Andy Greene, NJD||SF 31, BAL 17|
|David Clarkson, NJD||SF 21, BAL 14|
|John Tavares, NYI||SF 24, BAL 21|
|Milan Lucic, BOS||SF 31, BAL 21|
|Patrice Bergeron, BOS||SF 27, BAL 21|
|Tyler Seguin, BOS||BAL 28, SF 14|
|Ryan Miller, BUF||SF 21, BAL 13|
|Jason Pominville, BUF||SF 28, BAL 20|
|Wayne Gretzky, retired||BAL 17, SF 14|
As you can see, there’s plenty of support for the 49ers, who are 3.5-point favorites over the Ravens at most sports books.
For what’s it worth (it’s worth nothing), here’s who Halford and I like:
MH: Baltimore over San Francisco, 21-20. Two things: Resiliency and momentum. I believe Baltimore has the edge in both. Not to say the Niners are without those two things — they’ve won three straight and rallied from 17-0 to beat the Falcons — but the Ravens have shown more. In the last two weeks alone, they connected on a miracle Hail Mary en route to beating the Broncos, then beat Tom Brady and the Pats at Foxboro despite trailing at halftime.
JB: San Francisco over Baltimore, 28-24. I have to admit I’m extremely hesitant to give Colin Kaepernick — a second-year quarterback that didn’t get the starting job until halfway through the season — the nod over Joe Flacco — an experienced veteran who’s been ridiculously good in these playoffs. But I’m more hesitant to bet against a guy who can run and throw like Kaepernick. The only team that’s made the guy look human is the Seahawks, and that was on a rainy Sunday night in Seattle, one of the toughest places in the NFL for visitors.
Related: PFT’s Super Bowl picks
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)