Feb 1, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Granted, we’re setting ourselves up for a “TALK HOCKEY NOT STUPID NFL CINDY CRSOBY SUKS!!!!!!!!!!” comment below, but we thought we’d pass along a bunch of Super Bowl picks from NHLers anyway.
|Sidney Crosby, PIT||SF 20, BAL 14|
|Brooks Orpik, PIT||SF 21, BAL 17|
|Martin St. Louis, TBL||SF 27, BAL 14|
|Paul Bissonnette, PHX||SF 28, BAL 24|
|Shane Doan, PHX||BAL 24, SF 21|
|Jarret Stoll, LAK||SF 20, BAL 14|
|Mike Richards, LAK||BAL 27, SF 24|
|Drew Doughty, LAK||SF 35, BAL 24|
|Adam Henrique, NJD||SF 27, BAL 24|
|Andy Greene, NJD||SF 31, BAL 17|
|David Clarkson, NJD||SF 21, BAL 14|
|John Tavares, NYI||SF 24, BAL 21|
|Milan Lucic, BOS||SF 31, BAL 21|
|Patrice Bergeron, BOS||SF 27, BAL 21|
|Tyler Seguin, BOS||BAL 28, SF 14|
|Ryan Miller, BUF||SF 21, BAL 13|
|Jason Pominville, BUF||SF 28, BAL 20|
|Wayne Gretzky, retired||BAL 17, SF 14|
As you can see, there’s plenty of support for the 49ers, who are 3.5-point favorites over the Ravens at most sports books.
For what’s it worth (it’s worth nothing), here’s who Halford and I like:
MH: Baltimore over San Francisco, 21-20. Two things: Resiliency and momentum. I believe Baltimore has the edge in both. Not to say the Niners are without those two things — they’ve won three straight and rallied from 17-0 to beat the Falcons — but the Ravens have shown more. In the last two weeks alone, they connected on a miracle Hail Mary en route to beating the Broncos, then beat Tom Brady and the Pats at Foxboro despite trailing at halftime.
JB: San Francisco over Baltimore, 28-24. I have to admit I’m extremely hesitant to give Colin Kaepernick — a second-year quarterback that didn’t get the starting job until halfway through the season — the nod over Joe Flacco — an experienced veteran who’s been ridiculously good in these playoffs. But I’m more hesitant to bet against a guy who can run and throw like Kaepernick. The only team that’s made the guy look human is the Seahawks, and that was on a rainy Sunday night in Seattle, one of the toughest places in the NFL for visitors.
Related: PFT’s Super Bowl picks
Dec 24, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Only Glen Sather is ahead of him.
Dec 24, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
“It’s like a little miracle down here.”
Dec 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The goal was initially credited to Martin St. Louis.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Will he eventually earn a full-time NHL roster spot?
Dec 24, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
His stint with the Lightning was brief, but memorable.
Dec 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Not surprisingly, the Kings feature prominently.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
League rules that Jackman wasn’t expecting to be punched, “nor should he be.”
Dec 24, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Dec 24, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Owner Eugene Melnyk has called the potential move a “game-changer.”
Dec 24, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
“We’re seeing some of his best hockey,” Claude Julien said.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
And they’re planning to start taking deposits for the 2016-17 season.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Minnesota’s lost four straight, and six of its last eight.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:24 AM EST
Semyon Varlamov’s shutout probably makes that a more comfortable idea.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:43 AM EST
A controversial check left Buffalo winger Brian Gionta injured.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:33 AM EST
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Dec 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EST
Winnipeg has won three of four.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
The Devils enter the Christmas holidays on a two-game skid.
Dec 23, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Made 26 saves for the shutout.
Dec 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Tampa rookie Andrei Vasilevskiy picked up his second career win.
Dec 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bernier made 43 saves for the shutout
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)