Feb 1, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
The Lightning scored eight goals against the Winnipeg Jets in their win on Friday and as impressive as that is, it’s actually only a touch above average for Tampa Bay this season.
Tampa Bay is averaging an incredible 5.29 goals per game this season. They’ve scored more goals than the Nashville Predators, Los Angeles Kings, and Columbus Blue Jackets combined.
Steven Stamkos is on a four-game goal scoring streak, but Tampa Bay has been getting support from its entire team and Friday was no exception. Seven different Lightning players found the back of the net and only five were held off the scoresheet entirely.
Cory Conacher led the charge with two goals and an assist and now leads all rookies with 12 points in seven games.
On the Jets’ side, goaltender Ondrej Pavelec was pulled after allowing five goals for the second consecutive start. Al Montoya replaced him early in the second period, but wasn’t able to stop the bleeding.
About the only Winnipeg player that might someday look back on this game fondly was defenseman Paul Postma. The 23-year-old registered two assists and scored his first NHL goal in his 12th career game. You can watch that below:
Tampa Bay is now 6-1-0 this season. They’ll try to keep this hot streak alive on Saturday against the New York Rangers.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)