Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Byfuglien, 27, was held out of Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Florida after Jets head coach Claude Noel said he “aggravated something” prior to the morning skate.
In his place, the Jets called up rookie Zach Redmond, who made his NHL debut and played a whopping 20:56 — third most amongst all Winnipeg defensemen.
Byfuglien’s injury comes at a tough time, as the Jets are in the midst of a condensed part of their schedule.
Following the Florida back-to-back (they played the Panthers last night and the Lightning tonight), the Jets fly back home for a two-game set against the Panthers and Leafs before heading back out on the road for a Saturday game in Ottawa.
No word on when Byfuglien will be available to return to action.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6