Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Byfuglien, 27, was held out of Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Florida after Jets head coach Claude Noel said he “aggravated something” prior to the morning skate.
In his place, the Jets called up rookie Zach Redmond, who made his NHL debut and played a whopping 20:56 — third most amongst all Winnipeg defensemen.
Byfuglien’s injury comes at a tough time, as the Jets are in the midst of a condensed part of their schedule.
Following the Florida back-to-back (they played the Panthers last night and the Lightning tonight), the Jets fly back home for a two-game set against the Panthers and Leafs before heading back out on the road for a Saturday game in Ottawa.
No word on when Byfuglien will be available to return to action.
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 55
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)