Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Byfuglien, 27, was held out of Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Florida after Jets head coach Claude Noel said he “aggravated something” prior to the morning skate.
In his place, the Jets called up rookie Zach Redmond, who made his NHL debut and played a whopping 20:56 — third most amongst all Winnipeg defensemen.
Byfuglien’s injury comes at a tough time, as the Jets are in the midst of a condensed part of their schedule.
Following the Florida back-to-back (they played the Panthers last night and the Lightning tonight), the Jets fly back home for a two-game set against the Panthers and Leafs before heading back out on the road for a Saturday game in Ottawa.
No word on when Byfuglien will be available to return to action.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)