Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Byfuglien, 27, was held out of Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Florida after Jets head coach Claude Noel said he “aggravated something” prior to the morning skate.
In his place, the Jets called up rookie Zach Redmond, who made his NHL debut and played a whopping 20:56 — third most amongst all Winnipeg defensemen.
Byfuglien’s injury comes at a tough time, as the Jets are in the midst of a condensed part of their schedule.
Following the Florida back-to-back (they played the Panthers last night and the Lightning tonight), the Jets fly back home for a two-game set against the Panthers and Leafs before heading back out on the road for a Saturday game in Ottawa.
No word on when Byfuglien will be available to return to action.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)