Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Byfuglien, 27, was held out of Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Florida after Jets head coach Claude Noel said he “aggravated something” prior to the morning skate.
In his place, the Jets called up rookie Zach Redmond, who made his NHL debut and played a whopping 20:56 — third most amongst all Winnipeg defensemen.
Byfuglien’s injury comes at a tough time, as the Jets are in the midst of a condensed part of their schedule.
Following the Florida back-to-back (they played the Panthers last night and the Lightning tonight), the Jets fly back home for a two-game set against the Panthers and Leafs before heading back out on the road for a Saturday game in Ottawa.
No word on when Byfuglien will be available to return to action.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4