Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes made three moves on Friday in advance of their Friday-Saturday back-to-back with Dallas.
In the first move, Phoenix sent goaltender Chad Johnson back to AHL Portland.
Summoned earlier this week as an emergency replacement for the injured Mike Smith, Johnson played in two games for the ‘Yotes, posting a 1-0-1 record with a 0.98 GAA and .952 save percentage.
In his first game upon being recalled, Johnson pitched a 4-0 shutout over the Nashville Predators and was named the game’s first star.
In the second move, Phoenix recalled forward Andy Miele from the Pirates.
The 2011 Hobey Baker winner made his NHL debut with the Coyotes last year, appearing in seven games while averaging close to nine minutes per night.
He’s 40 games for Portland this season (11G-16A-27PTS). At the time of his recall, he was second among all Pirates in scoring and goals.
And finally, the third and final move — the Coyotes assigned defenseman David Rundblad to Arizona of the CHL.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)