Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes made three moves on Friday in advance of their Friday-Saturday back-to-back with Dallas.
In the first move, Phoenix sent goaltender Chad Johnson back to AHL Portland.
Summoned earlier this week as an emergency replacement for the injured Mike Smith, Johnson played in two games for the ‘Yotes, posting a 1-0-1 record with a 0.98 GAA and .952 save percentage.
In his first game upon being recalled, Johnson pitched a 4-0 shutout over the Nashville Predators and was named the game’s first star.
In the second move, Phoenix recalled forward Andy Miele from the Pirates.
The 2011 Hobey Baker winner made his NHL debut with the Coyotes last year, appearing in seven games while averaging close to nine minutes per night.
He’s 40 games for Portland this season (11G-16A-27PTS). At the time of his recall, he was second among all Pirates in scoring and goals.
And finally, the third and final move — the Coyotes assigned defenseman David Rundblad to Arizona of the CHL.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)