Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes made three moves on Friday in advance of their Friday-Saturday back-to-back with Dallas.
In the first move, Phoenix sent goaltender Chad Johnson back to AHL Portland.
Summoned earlier this week as an emergency replacement for the injured Mike Smith, Johnson played in two games for the ‘Yotes, posting a 1-0-1 record with a 0.98 GAA and .952 save percentage.
In his first game upon being recalled, Johnson pitched a 4-0 shutout over the Nashville Predators and was named the game’s first star.
In the second move, Phoenix recalled forward Andy Miele from the Pirates.
The 2011 Hobey Baker winner made his NHL debut with the Coyotes last year, appearing in seven games while averaging close to nine minutes per night.
He’s 40 games for Portland this season (11G-16A-27PTS). At the time of his recall, he was second among all Pirates in scoring and goals.
And finally, the third and final move — the Coyotes assigned defenseman David Rundblad to Arizona of the CHL.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 7
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 47
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control