Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes made three moves on Friday in advance of their Friday-Saturday back-to-back with Dallas.
In the first move, Phoenix sent goaltender Chad Johnson back to AHL Portland.
Summoned earlier this week as an emergency replacement for the injured Mike Smith, Johnson played in two games for the ‘Yotes, posting a 1-0-1 record with a 0.98 GAA and .952 save percentage.
In his first game upon being recalled, Johnson pitched a 4-0 shutout over the Nashville Predators and was named the game’s first star.
In the second move, Phoenix recalled forward Andy Miele from the Pirates.
The 2011 Hobey Baker winner made his NHL debut with the Coyotes last year, appearing in seven games while averaging close to nine minutes per night.
He’s 40 games for Portland this season (11G-16A-27PTS). At the time of his recall, he was second among all Pirates in scoring and goals.
And finally, the third and final move — the Coyotes assigned defenseman David Rundblad to Arizona of the CHL.
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 4
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)