Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes made three moves on Friday in advance of their Friday-Saturday back-to-back with Dallas.
In the first move, Phoenix sent goaltender Chad Johnson back to AHL Portland.
Summoned earlier this week as an emergency replacement for the injured Mike Smith, Johnson played in two games for the ‘Yotes, posting a 1-0-1 record with a 0.98 GAA and .952 save percentage.
In his first game upon being recalled, Johnson pitched a 4-0 shutout over the Nashville Predators and was named the game’s first star.
In the second move, Phoenix recalled forward Andy Miele from the Pirates.
The 2011 Hobey Baker winner made his NHL debut with the Coyotes last year, appearing in seven games while averaging close to nine minutes per night.
He’s 40 games for Portland this season (11G-16A-27PTS). At the time of his recall, he was second among all Pirates in scoring and goals.
And finally, the third and final move — the Coyotes assigned defenseman David Rundblad to Arizona of the CHL.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)