Feb 1, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Last night, the two squared off to see just what kind of protective muscle the Sabres had brought in this summer. The end result saw Thornton handled with ease and he wound up leaving the game after serving his five minutes. After the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters there was no update on his condition, as Joe Haggerty at CSNNE.com shares.
“We’ll know more [Friday],” said Claude Julien. “He’s being evaluated, until we get a definite answer [there is] nothing more.”
In the meantime, the Bruins have called up Jamie Tardif from Providence on an emergency basis.
We all know the dangers of fighting and it’s safe to say Thornton knows them as well as anyone. When dealing with a 6’8″ monster like Scott, however, perhaps it’s best to just leave things alone.
Update: The Bruins have announced that Thornton will be out 7-10 days with a concussion. It remains unclear why a timeframe has been put on a concussion (or, that particular timeframe) especially given the uncertainty of recovery from head injury.
Regardless, that’s what the Bruins are claiming.
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 0
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 1
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 56
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 87
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 10
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 33
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 65
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 35
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)