Feb 1, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Last night, the two squared off to see just what kind of protective muscle the Sabres had brought in this summer. The end result saw Thornton handled with ease and he wound up leaving the game after serving his five minutes. After the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters there was no update on his condition, as Joe Haggerty at CSNNE.com shares.
“We’ll know more [Friday],” said Claude Julien. “He’s being evaluated, until we get a definite answer [there is] nothing more.”
In the meantime, the Bruins have called up Jamie Tardif from Providence on an emergency basis.
We all know the dangers of fighting and it’s safe to say Thornton knows them as well as anyone. When dealing with a 6’8″ monster like Scott, however, perhaps it’s best to just leave things alone.
Update: The Bruins have announced that Thornton will be out 7-10 days with a concussion. It remains unclear why a timeframe has been put on a concussion (or, that particular timeframe) especially given the uncertainty of recovery from head injury.
Regardless, that’s what the Bruins are claiming.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)