Feb 1, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Last night, the two squared off to see just what kind of protective muscle the Sabres had brought in this summer. The end result saw Thornton handled with ease and he wound up leaving the game after serving his five minutes. After the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters there was no update on his condition, as Joe Haggerty at CSNNE.com shares.
“We’ll know more [Friday],” said Claude Julien. “He’s being evaluated, until we get a definite answer [there is] nothing more.”
In the meantime, the Bruins have called up Jamie Tardif from Providence on an emergency basis.
We all know the dangers of fighting and it’s safe to say Thornton knows them as well as anyone. When dealing with a 6’8″ monster like Scott, however, perhaps it’s best to just leave things alone.
Update: The Bruins have announced that Thornton will be out 7-10 days with a concussion. It remains unclear why a timeframe has been put on a concussion (or, that particular timeframe) especially given the uncertainty of recovery from head injury.
Regardless, that’s what the Bruins are claiming.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)