Feb 1, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Last night, the two squared off to see just what kind of protective muscle the Sabres had brought in this summer. The end result saw Thornton handled with ease and he wound up leaving the game after serving his five minutes. After the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters there was no update on his condition, as Joe Haggerty at CSNNE.com shares.
“We’ll know more [Friday],” said Claude Julien. “He’s being evaluated, until we get a definite answer [there is] nothing more.”
In the meantime, the Bruins have called up Jamie Tardif from Providence on an emergency basis.
We all know the dangers of fighting and it’s safe to say Thornton knows them as well as anyone. When dealing with a 6’8″ monster like Scott, however, perhaps it’s best to just leave things alone.
Update: The Bruins have announced that Thornton will be out 7-10 days with a concussion. It remains unclear why a timeframe has been put on a concussion (or, that particular timeframe) especially given the uncertainty of recovery from head injury.
Regardless, that’s what the Bruins are claiming.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)