Feb 1, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog (head) has already missed three games and he’ll be unavailable for a fourth on Saturday after being placed on the injured reserve list, according to the NHL.com.
Landeskog’s problems stem from a devastating hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart during the first period of Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose.
The Avalanche’s 19-year-old captain immediately left the ice as a result but, in a controversial move, returned to the game and logged a total of 16:23 minutes.
“I felt fine,” Landeskog said the night of the hit. “I was a little weak at first but I was able to take care of it after getting some ice in here [dressing room]. I felt fine after that.”
Landeskog is eligible to be activated in time for Monday’s game, but the team hasn’t provided a timetable for his possible return.
Meanwhile forward Ryan O’Reilly is still a restricted free agent and his contract negotiations are reportedly going nowhere.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 19
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 80
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)