Feb 1, 2013, 6:11 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog (head) has already missed three games and he’ll be unavailable for a fourth on Saturday after being placed on the injured reserve list, according to the NHL.com.
Landeskog’s problems stem from a devastating hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart during the first period of Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose.
The Avalanche’s 19-year-old captain immediately left the ice as a result but, in a controversial move, returned to the game and logged a total of 16:23 minutes.
“I felt fine,” Landeskog said the night of the hit. “I was a little weak at first but I was able to take care of it after getting some ice in here [dressing room]. I felt fine after that.”
Landeskog is eligible to be activated in time for Monday’s game, but the team hasn’t provided a timetable for his possible return.
Meanwhile forward Ryan O’Reilly is still a restricted free agent and his contract negotiations are reportedly going nowhere.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)