Feb 1, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog (head) has already missed three games and he’ll be unavailable for a fourth on Saturday after being placed on the injured reserve list, according to the NHL.com.
Landeskog’s problems stem from a devastating hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart during the first period of Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose.
The Avalanche’s 19-year-old captain immediately left the ice as a result but, in a controversial move, returned to the game and logged a total of 16:23 minutes.
“I felt fine,” Landeskog said the night of the hit. “I was a little weak at first but I was able to take care of it after getting some ice in here [dressing room]. I felt fine after that.”
Landeskog is eligible to be activated in time for Monday’s game, but the team hasn’t provided a timetable for his possible return.
Meanwhile forward Ryan O’Reilly is still a restricted free agent and his contract negotiations are reportedly going nowhere.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21