Feb 1, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog (head) has already missed three games and he’ll be unavailable for a fourth on Saturday after being placed on the injured reserve list, according to the NHL.com.
Landeskog’s problems stem from a devastating hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart during the first period of Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose.
The Avalanche’s 19-year-old captain immediately left the ice as a result but, in a controversial move, returned to the game and logged a total of 16:23 minutes.
“I felt fine,” Landeskog said the night of the hit. “I was a little weak at first but I was able to take care of it after getting some ice in here [dressing room]. I felt fine after that.”
Landeskog is eligible to be activated in time for Monday’s game, but the team hasn’t provided a timetable for his possible return.
Meanwhile forward Ryan O’Reilly is still a restricted free agent and his contract negotiations are reportedly going nowhere.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)