Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 AM EST
Nail Yakupov did it again. He scored a big goal and then something memorable happened during the celebration.
This time around, the 19-year-old sniper scored the game-winning goal as the Edmonton Oilers topped the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday. As you can see, he was far more subdued this time around, but Derek Morris decided to crash the party:
There’s some debate about what, exactly, made the the 34-year-old Coyotes defenseman so irate. Some blame it on Yakupov’s celebration while others think Morris reacted to Ryan Whitney‘s alleged “yapping.” (Most believe it was the latter.)
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from this situation. Should Morris see some supplemental discipline for his actions?
Regardless, it seems like we’ll have to follow how people react to Yakupov’s goal celebrations for a while. He already has a knack for finding the net; goals represent all four of his points so far in his rookie campaign.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53