Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov did it again. He scored a big goal and then something memorable happened during the celebration.
This time around, the 19-year-old sniper scored the game-winning goal as the Edmonton Oilers topped the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday. As you can see, he was far more subdued this time around, but Derek Morris decided to crash the party:
There’s some debate about what, exactly, made the the 34-year-old Coyotes defenseman so irate. Some blame it on Yakupov’s celebration while others think Morris reacted to Ryan Whitney‘s alleged “yapping.” (Most believe it was the latter.)
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from this situation. Should Morris see some supplemental discipline for his actions?
Regardless, it seems like we’ll have to follow how people react to Yakupov’s goal celebrations for a while. He already has a knack for finding the net; goals represent all four of his points so far in his rookie campaign.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)