Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov did it again. He scored a big goal and then something memorable happened during the celebration.
This time around, the 19-year-old sniper scored the game-winning goal as the Edmonton Oilers topped the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday. As you can see, he was far more subdued this time around, but Derek Morris decided to crash the party:
There’s some debate about what, exactly, made the the 34-year-old Coyotes defenseman so irate. Some blame it on Yakupov’s celebration while others think Morris reacted to Ryan Whitney‘s alleged “yapping.” (Most believe it was the latter.)
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from this situation. Should Morris see some supplemental discipline for his actions?
Regardless, it seems like we’ll have to follow how people react to Yakupov’s goal celebrations for a while. He already has a knack for finding the net; goals represent all four of his points so far in his rookie campaign.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 44
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)