Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 AM EDT
Nail Yakupov did it again. He scored a big goal and then something memorable happened during the celebration.
This time around, the 19-year-old sniper scored the game-winning goal as the Edmonton Oilers topped the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday. As you can see, he was far more subdued this time around, but Derek Morris decided to crash the party:
There’s some debate about what, exactly, made the the 34-year-old Coyotes defenseman so irate. Some blame it on Yakupov’s celebration while others think Morris reacted to Ryan Whitney‘s alleged “yapping.” (Most believe it was the latter.)
Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from this situation. Should Morris see some supplemental discipline for his actions?
Regardless, it seems like we’ll have to follow how people react to Yakupov’s goal celebrations for a while. He already has a knack for finding the net; goals represent all four of his points so far in his rookie campaign.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18