Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
On Tuesday, the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers proudly (or so we assume) announced that the team would hold an “Over 18 Night” on Feb. 4 where the players will go “topless.”
In reality, they will be donning what has to be one of the most unique jerseys in the history of North American professional hockey. The new uniforms come complete with drawn on abs and nipples.
“The guys have never looked to be in better shape,” Wranglers President and Chief Operating Officer Billy Johnson said. “Nor have they appeared to be as identical.”
And hey, if that – along with “mild adult humor” – is not your thing, the Wranglers have plenty of other promotions planned for the season, including their third annual Regrettable Tattoo Night.
The ECHL is the minor league level just below the American Hockey League and the Wranglers were formerly affiliated with the Calgary Flames and then the Phoenix Coyotes. Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan served as the Wranglers’ coach and GM from 2003-2009 and was recognized as the league’s top bench boss in 2005–06 with the John Brophy Award.
(Imagine courtesy of the Wranglers’ official website)
Mar 13, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
“They’re all over the place.”
Mar 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
He leads all Bruins defensemen in scoring.
Mar 13, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Appeared in over 800 games with Hartford, Carolina and Philadelphia.
Mar 13, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
“They put in a system where we know we can win each and every game.”
Mar 13, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The 42-year-old recently represented the Czech Republic in the Olympics.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Also, what’s wrong with the Ducks?
Mar 13, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
‘Canes d-man shattered his heel last year.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
It seems fitting that the Sabres are in town.
Mar 13, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
What could be more important than a hockey game against San Jose?
Mar 13, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Comments section should be interesting for this one.
Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 13, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
After five straight losses.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
“The whole time in my head I never thought about getting traded or leaving at free agency time.”
Mar 13, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
The Wild have a nice cushion, but a tough remaining schedule.
Mar 13, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Just months after he demanded a trade out of Washington.
Mar 13, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
They have to adjust after losing Michael Grabner.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
It looks like the Penguins might stick with that line going forward.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Their pre-Olympic slump seems like a distant memory.
Mar 13, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 11
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 85
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 34
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 16
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (85)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)