Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
On Tuesday, the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers proudly (or so we assume) announced that the team would hold an “Over 18 Night” on Feb. 4 where the players will go “topless.”
In reality, they will be donning what has to be one of the most unique jerseys in the history of North American professional hockey. The new uniforms come complete with drawn on abs and nipples.
“The guys have never looked to be in better shape,” Wranglers President and Chief Operating Officer Billy Johnson said. “Nor have they appeared to be as identical.”
And hey, if that – along with “mild adult humor” – is not your thing, the Wranglers have plenty of other promotions planned for the season, including their third annual Regrettable Tattoo Night.
The ECHL is the minor league level just below the American Hockey League and the Wranglers were formerly affiliated with the Calgary Flames and then the Phoenix Coyotes. Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan served as the Wranglers’ coach and GM from 2003-2009 and was recognized as the league’s top bench boss in 2005–06 with the John Brophy Award.
(Imagine courtesy of the Wranglers’ official website)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63