Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
On Tuesday, the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers proudly (or so we assume) announced that the team would hold an “Over 18 Night” on Feb. 4 where the players will go “topless.”
In reality, they will be donning what has to be one of the most unique jerseys in the history of North American professional hockey. The new uniforms come complete with drawn on abs and nipples.
“The guys have never looked to be in better shape,” Wranglers President and Chief Operating Officer Billy Johnson said. “Nor have they appeared to be as identical.”
And hey, if that – along with “mild adult humor” – is not your thing, the Wranglers have plenty of other promotions planned for the season, including their third annual Regrettable Tattoo Night.
The ECHL is the minor league level just below the American Hockey League and the Wranglers were formerly affiliated with the Calgary Flames and then the Phoenix Coyotes. Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan served as the Wranglers’ coach and GM from 2003-2009 and was recognized as the league’s top bench boss in 2005–06 with the John Brophy Award.
(Imagine courtesy of the Wranglers’ official website)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54