Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 AM EST
On Tuesday, the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers proudly (or so we assume) announced that the team would hold an “Over 18 Night” on Feb. 4 where the players will go “topless.”
In reality, they will be donning what has to be one of the most unique jerseys in the history of North American professional hockey. The new uniforms come complete with drawn on abs and nipples.
“The guys have never looked to be in better shape,” Wranglers President and Chief Operating Officer Billy Johnson said. “Nor have they appeared to be as identical.”
And hey, if that – along with “mild adult humor” – is not your thing, the Wranglers have plenty of other promotions planned for the season, including their third annual Regrettable Tattoo Night.
The ECHL is the minor league level just below the American Hockey League and the Wranglers were formerly affiliated with the Calgary Flames and then the Phoenix Coyotes. Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan served as the Wranglers’ coach and GM from 2003-2009 and was recognized as the league’s top bench boss in 2005–06 with the John Brophy Award.
(Imagine courtesy of the Wranglers’ official website)
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)