Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
On Tuesday, the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers proudly (or so we assume) announced that the team would hold an “Over 18 Night” on Feb. 4 where the players will go “topless.”
In reality, they will be donning what has to be one of the most unique jerseys in the history of North American professional hockey. The new uniforms come complete with drawn on abs and nipples.
“The guys have never looked to be in better shape,” Wranglers President and Chief Operating Officer Billy Johnson said. “Nor have they appeared to be as identical.”
And hey, if that – along with “mild adult humor” – is not your thing, the Wranglers have plenty of other promotions planned for the season, including their third annual Regrettable Tattoo Night.
The ECHL is the minor league level just below the American Hockey League and the Wranglers were formerly affiliated with the Calgary Flames and then the Phoenix Coyotes. Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan served as the Wranglers’ coach and GM from 2003-2009 and was recognized as the league’s top bench boss in 2005–06 with the John Brophy Award.
(Imagine courtesy of the Wranglers’ official website)
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)