Jan 31, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
Horcoff, 34, was hurt during Wednesday night’s 2-1 overtime win in Phoenix on a hit from Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Horcoff left the contest shortly after the collision, and didn’t return. He appeared shaken on the play.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Oilers react to not having their captain in the lineup. Anton Lander has been recalled from AHL Oklahoma City, but he’ll be hard pressed to match what Horcoff brings.
While the captain only has 1G-1A-2PTS through six games this year, he is averaging over 16 minutes per game and is the club’s top faceoff man, winning 56.2 percent of his draws this season.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 1
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 56
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)