Jan 31, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Horcoff, 34, was hurt during Wednesday night’s 2-1 overtime win in Phoenix on a hit from Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Horcoff left the contest shortly after the collision, and didn’t return. He appeared shaken on the play.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Oilers react to not having their captain in the lineup. Anton Lander has been recalled from AHL Oklahoma City, but he’ll be hard pressed to match what Horcoff brings.
While the captain only has 1G-1A-2PTS through six games this year, he is averaging over 16 minutes per game and is the club’s top faceoff man, winning 56.2 percent of his draws this season.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)