Jan 31, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
Horcoff, 34, was hurt during Wednesday night’s 2-1 overtime win in Phoenix on a hit from Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Horcoff left the contest shortly after the collision, and didn’t return. He appeared shaken on the play.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Oilers react to not having their captain in the lineup. Anton Lander has been recalled from AHL Oklahoma City, but he’ll be hard pressed to match what Horcoff brings.
While the captain only has 1G-1A-2PTS through six games this year, he is averaging over 16 minutes per game and is the club’s top faceoff man, winning 56.2 percent of his draws this season.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (75)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)