Jan 31, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Horcoff, 34, was hurt during Wednesday night’s 2-1 overtime win in Phoenix on a hit from Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Horcoff left the contest shortly after the collision, and didn’t return. He appeared shaken on the play.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Oilers react to not having their captain in the lineup. Anton Lander has been recalled from AHL Oklahoma City, but he’ll be hard pressed to match what Horcoff brings.
While the captain only has 1G-1A-2PTS through six games this year, he is averaging over 16 minutes per game and is the club’s top faceoff man, winning 56.2 percent of his draws this season.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)