Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo will start his third straight game Friday night when the Canucks host the Chicago Blackhawks.
The news comes one day after Luongo (1.61 GAA, .938 SV%) shut out the Avalanche in a 3-0 Vancouver victory.
The 33-year-old, who many thought would be traded by now, was also very good Monday against the Kings, despite losing 3-2 in a shootout.
Meanwhile, Cory Schneider will sit and watch as the man he was supposed to replace as starter gets the nod against one of the Canucks’ biggest rivals.
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis addressed his team’s goaltending situation today on TEAM 1040 radio, saying Luongo deserves to start based on the past two games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52