Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo will start his third straight game Friday night when the Canucks host the Chicago Blackhawks.
The news comes one day after Luongo (1.61 GAA, .938 SV%) shut out the Avalanche in a 3-0 Vancouver victory.
The 33-year-old, who many thought would be traded by now, was also very good Monday against the Kings, despite losing 3-2 in a shootout.
Meanwhile, Cory Schneider will sit and watch as the man he was supposed to replace as starter gets the nod against one of the Canucks’ biggest rivals.
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis addressed his team’s goaltending situation today on TEAM 1040 radio, saying Luongo deserves to start based on the past two games.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24