Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo will start his third straight game Friday night when the Canucks host the Chicago Blackhawks.
The news comes one day after Luongo (1.61 GAA, .938 SV%) shut out the Avalanche in a 3-0 Vancouver victory.
The 33-year-old, who many thought would be traded by now, was also very good Monday against the Kings, despite losing 3-2 in a shootout.
Meanwhile, Cory Schneider will sit and watch as the man he was supposed to replace as starter gets the nod against one of the Canucks’ biggest rivals.
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis addressed his team’s goaltending situation today on TEAM 1040 radio, saying Luongo deserves to start based on the past two games.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (80)