Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo will start his third straight game Friday night when the Canucks host the Chicago Blackhawks.
The news comes one day after Luongo (1.61 GAA, .938 SV%) shut out the Avalanche in a 3-0 Vancouver victory.
The 33-year-old, who many thought would be traded by now, was also very good Monday against the Kings, despite losing 3-2 in a shootout.
Meanwhile, Cory Schneider will sit and watch as the man he was supposed to replace as starter gets the nod against one of the Canucks’ biggest rivals.
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis addressed his team’s goaltending situation today on TEAM 1040 radio, saying Luongo deserves to start based on the past two games.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11