Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Already off to a strong 3-0-2 start, the New Jersey Devils will see their lineup bolstered tonight against the Islanders with the return of forward Adam Henrique.
Henrique – a rookie of the year nominee in 2011-12 – has been recovering from thumb surgery, which he underwent in November.
The 22-year-old finished fourth in team scoring last season, with 51 points in 74 games. He was also a key player on New Jersey’s top-ranked penalty kill.
Henrique will apparently be eased back into action, starting tonight on the Devils’ fourth line with Krys Barch and Matt Anderson.
“We discussed things today and came to the conclusion this is the best way to do things because there are no practices for a couple of weeks for us,” said Henrique, per the Star-Ledger. “The coach will control my minutes and I’ll be on the fourth line.”
Tonight will also mark the season debut of defenseman Adam Larsson. The 20-year-old has been a healthy scratch the first five games, but will play against the Islanders in place of injured Mark Fayne (arm).
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)