Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Already off to a strong 3-0-2 start, the New Jersey Devils will see their lineup bolstered tonight against the Islanders with the return of forward Adam Henrique.
Henrique – a rookie of the year nominee in 2011-12 – has been recovering from thumb surgery, which he underwent in November.
The 22-year-old finished fourth in team scoring last season, with 51 points in 74 games. He was also a key player on New Jersey’s top-ranked penalty kill.
Henrique will apparently be eased back into action, starting tonight on the Devils’ fourth line with Krys Barch and Matt Anderson.
“We discussed things today and came to the conclusion this is the best way to do things because there are no practices for a couple of weeks for us,” said Henrique, per the Star-Ledger. “The coach will control my minutes and I’ll be on the fourth line.”
Tonight will also mark the season debut of defenseman Adam Larsson. The 20-year-old has been a healthy scratch the first five games, but will play against the Islanders in place of injured Mark Fayne (arm).
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)