Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Already off to a strong 3-0-2 start, the New Jersey Devils will see their lineup bolstered tonight against the Islanders with the return of forward Adam Henrique.
Henrique – a rookie of the year nominee in 2011-12 – has been recovering from thumb surgery, which he underwent in November.
The 22-year-old finished fourth in team scoring last season, with 51 points in 74 games. He was also a key player on New Jersey’s top-ranked penalty kill.
Henrique will apparently be eased back into action, starting tonight on the Devils’ fourth line with Krys Barch and Matt Anderson.
“We discussed things today and came to the conclusion this is the best way to do things because there are no practices for a couple of weeks for us,” said Henrique, per the Star-Ledger. “The coach will control my minutes and I’ll be on the fourth line.”
Tonight will also mark the season debut of defenseman Adam Larsson. The 20-year-old has been a healthy scratch the first five games, but will play against the Islanders in place of injured Mark Fayne (arm).
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)