Jan 31, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has requested more time from the City of Glendale to complete his purchase of the franchise.
The answer from the city is no.
Glendale mayor Jerry Weiers told the Arizona Republic that he was contacted late last night, through an attorney representing Jamison, about extending today’s deadline. But Weiers confirmed that, once the day is done, the 20-year arena management deal that’s considered vital to completing the sale of the Coyotes is off the table.
“The bottom line is that Jamison himself hasn’t talked with me,” Weiers told the paper. “I do know that a group trying to help Jamison or trying to get involved with Jamison – however you want to word it – they’re trying to figure out a way to keep his deal afloat.”
Yesterday, ESPN reported that Jamison had failed to raise the required amount of capital to purchase the team from the NHL.
The ESPN report, by the way, came one day after a Phoenix Business Journal report said Jamison was set to close on the purchase.
If Jamison doesn’t meet today’s deadline, it’s not likely he’ll have an easygoing negotiating partner in Weiers, who was not the mayor when the arena-management deal was negotiated.
Upon being elected in November, Weiers sent a strong message to the Coyotes: “Glendale is not your cash register.”
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
A solid Saturday for the Sens.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
His No. 9 ascends to the rafters.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
His latest acquisitions Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick are set to debut Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Sounds like he’ll take his talents to Europe instead.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis earlier this month.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Craig Anderson made 46 saves on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Making a strong first impression in St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)