Jan 31, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Claude Giroux insists he isn’t hurt; he’s just not playing well.
“Obviously, I’m not happy with my game,” the Flyers’ captain said Thursday. “But it’s only seven games. It’s a long season. I’m staying positive, and things are going to turn around pretty quick.”
Giroux has just four points this season, and he’s been held pointless in four of his last five games. Thus, the questions about his health.
Giroux hasn’t looked like his old self in recent days. He’s been slow on the backcheck and hasn’t been able to make the plays he’s become known for. It has led to plenty of speculation about whether the 25-year-old might be nursing a minor injury, perhaps his wrist or groin – something that wouldn’t affect his ability to practice or to play, but might affect the outcome when he does.
Again though, Giroux says he’s healthy.
The Flyers fell to 2-5-0 with Tuesday’s loss to the Rangers. Tomorrow, they’re in Washington to play another struggling team, the 1-4-1 Capitals.
In an attempt to generate some offense, head coach Peter Laviolette has moved Danny Briere up onto the top line with Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:57 AM EST
It took him just 68 decisions.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:21 AM EST
The captain is still proud to be a Maple Leaf.
Mar 4, 2015, 8:49 AM EST
Erik Cole and Marek Zidlicky are set to debut while Henrik Zetterberg might return from a concussion.
Mar 4, 2015, 8:02 AM EST
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:31 PM EST
Some exciting moments from Ducks – Coyotes.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The frequent Islanders hitter has two long-ago suspensions.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
A truly weird scene for Florida’s goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
Easy, if uninspired, win for Tampa Bay.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:39 PM EST
He fought Marcus Foligno on Tuesday.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Tough start to Tuesday for goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
Montoya is currently trying to gut it out.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:06 PM EST
A contentious game in Columbus.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
They traded for him on Monday.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Vancouver faces San Jose tonight.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:29 PM EST
He says he’s happy to be in New Jersey.
Mar 3, 2015, 6:29 PM EST
Could we see an upset or a blowout?
Mar 3, 2015, 5:33 PM EST
Incident occurred during TSN’s trade deadline day coverage.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:41 PM EST
Recapping the trade deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:38 PM EST
“Shane’s a pro, he’ll get through it.”
Mar 3, 2015, 3:58 PM EST
Flames captain was holding out hope for a “tiny chance” he could keep playing.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 16
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)