Jan 31, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Claude Giroux insists he isn’t hurt; he’s just not playing well.
“Obviously, I’m not happy with my game,” the Flyers’ captain said Thursday. “But it’s only seven games. It’s a long season. I’m staying positive, and things are going to turn around pretty quick.”
Giroux has just four points this season, and he’s been held pointless in four of his last five games. Thus, the questions about his health.
Giroux hasn’t looked like his old self in recent days. He’s been slow on the backcheck and hasn’t been able to make the plays he’s become known for. It has led to plenty of speculation about whether the 25-year-old might be nursing a minor injury, perhaps his wrist or groin – something that wouldn’t affect his ability to practice or to play, but might affect the outcome when he does.
Again though, Giroux says he’s healthy.
The Flyers fell to 2-5-0 with Tuesday’s loss to the Rangers. Tomorrow, they’re in Washington to play another struggling team, the 1-4-1 Capitals.
In an attempt to generate some offense, head coach Peter Laviolette has moved Danny Briere up onto the top line with Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Andre Tourigny could be joining the club as an assistant coach.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The deal includes a $120,000 signing bonus.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
They’re two way contracts worth $575,000.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
If they advance to the Calder Cup final.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Both defensemen are set to become unrestricted free agents next month.
Jun 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New Jersey has a press conference scheduled for noon on Tuesday.
Jun 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
He spent the 2014-15 season in the Swedish Hockey League.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Tampa initially got the pick in the Martin St. Louis deal last year.
Jun 1, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
The power of perception.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Two had fractured bones and the others were dealing with strains.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
They’ll do so at their draft day viewing party.
Jun 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
They also inked 2014 third round pick Blake Siebenaler.
Jun 1, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
The league has become more competitive and great teams are forced to make hard choices.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Sure, there are challenges ahead, but also great opportunities.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
That’s back-to-back finals for McCauley and O’Halloran.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Yet doctors say he will be able to return next season.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane is high on the list too.
Jun 1, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
This after Vancouver previously interviewed Ted Nolan.
Jun 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
He also worked for Team USA in the 2012 London Olympics.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
“We need him to be a bigger and better part of our team.”
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 63
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (63)