Jan 31, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Claude Giroux insists he isn’t hurt; he’s just not playing well.
“Obviously, I’m not happy with my game,” the Flyers’ captain said Thursday. “But it’s only seven games. It’s a long season. I’m staying positive, and things are going to turn around pretty quick.”
Giroux has just four points this season, and he’s been held pointless in four of his last five games. Thus, the questions about his health.
Giroux hasn’t looked like his old self in recent days. He’s been slow on the backcheck and hasn’t been able to make the plays he’s become known for. It has led to plenty of speculation about whether the 25-year-old might be nursing a minor injury, perhaps his wrist or groin – something that wouldn’t affect his ability to practice or to play, but might affect the outcome when he does.
Again though, Giroux says he’s healthy.
The Flyers fell to 2-5-0 with Tuesday’s loss to the Rangers. Tomorrow, they’re in Washington to play another struggling team, the 1-4-1 Capitals.
In an attempt to generate some offense, head coach Peter Laviolette has moved Danny Briere up onto the top line with Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)