Jan 31, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Minor trade to pass along — Washington has acquired forward Casey Wellman from Florida in exchange for center Zach Hamill.
Wellman, 25, originally signed with the Wild in 2010 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Massachusetts. In 41 games with the Wild — his only career NHL games — he scored four times with nine assists.
Wellman found his way to the Panthers organization this summer (via the Rangers). In 37 games this season with AHL San Antonio, he has seven goals and 16 assists.
Hamill — a prolific scorer during his junior days with the WHL’s Everett Silvertips — was drafted eighth overall by Boston in 2007; however, he’s only played 20 NHL games since then, all with the Bruins, scoring no goals with four assists.
The 24-year-old was traded to the Caps in May. In 40 games this season with AHL Hersey, he has 11 goals and 11 assists.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)