Jan 31, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Minor trade to pass along — Washington has acquired forward Casey Wellman from Florida in exchange for center Zach Hamill.
Wellman, 25, originally signed with the Wild in 2010 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Massachusetts. In 41 games with the Wild — his only career NHL games — he scored four times with nine assists.
Wellman found his way to the Panthers organization this summer (via the Rangers). In 37 games this season with AHL San Antonio, he has seven goals and 16 assists.
Hamill — a prolific scorer during his junior days with the WHL’s Everett Silvertips — was drafted eighth overall by Boston in 2007; however, he’s only played 20 NHL games since then, all with the Bruins, scoring no goals with four assists.
The 24-year-old was traded to the Caps in May. In 40 games this season with AHL Hersey, he has 11 goals and 11 assists.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)