Jan 31, 2013, 4:50 PM EST
Minor trade to pass along — Washington has acquired forward Casey Wellman from Florida in exchange for center Zach Hamill.
Wellman, 25, originally signed with the Wild in 2010 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Massachusetts. In 41 games with the Wild — his only career NHL games — he scored four times with nine assists.
Wellman found his way to the Panthers organization this summer (via the Rangers). In 37 games this season with AHL San Antonio, he has seven goals and 16 assists.
Hamill — a prolific scorer during his junior days with the WHL’s Everett Silvertips — was drafted eighth overall by Boston in 2007; however, he’s only played 20 NHL games since then, all with the Bruins, scoring no goals with four assists.
The 24-year-old was traded to the Caps in May. In 40 games this season with AHL Hersey, he has 11 goals and 11 assists.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)