Jan 30, 2013, 2:01 PM EST
On the eve of “rivalry night” against one of the NHL’s two undefeated teams, the Minnesota Wild announced they’ll be starting backup goalie Josh Harding when they host the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
No. 1 netminder Niklas Backstrom has played two games in the last three nights — a 5-4 OT loss to St. Louis and a 3-2 win over Columbus on Tuesday — so it’s not surprising the Wild are turning to Harding.
It’s also not surprising given Harding’s career numbers against Chicago: 6-3 , 2.32 goals against average and .930 save percentage, with three of those wins coming at the Xcel Energy Center.
That said, it’ll be interesting to see how Harding rebounds after a rough outing against Detroit.
Of note, the Chicago game will be Harding’s third start since news broke of him being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis during the lockout. The 28-year-old won his first start of the year with a 1-0 shutout over Dallas.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
He could return in about a week if things progress well.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Some numbers behind Nashville’s hot start.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:14 AM EST
Friday’s list of link savings.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:35 AM EST
Has appeared in five games with Chicago this season.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
Forsberg scores the OT winner.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Shea Weber covered the puck in the crease.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Flyers play host to the Rangers Friday afternoon.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Was a healthy scratch in nine games.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
X-rays on knee cap came back negative.
Nov 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Struggled in the American Hockey League this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Expected to formally announce his retirement next Thursday morning.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Talented center would be a prized pickup at the deadline.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Patrick Roy doesn’t own part of a junior team anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s Jets-Sabres game.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Linden Vey gets back into the lineup for tomorrow’s game in Columbus.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Dallas forward has history as a repeat offender.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
That’s a picture of Shawn Thornton, who doesn’t play for them anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Just two goals in 20 games this year.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Devils currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Played in 14 games over parts of the last three seasons.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)