Jan 30, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
Backstrom, 34, stopped all 28 of the shots he saw following Wild coach Mike Yeo’s decision to give Harding, 28, the quick hook early in the game after he allowed two questionable goals.
This win places the Wild atop the Northwest Division, although both the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers are active tonight and trail Minnesota by one standings point.
The Blackhawks must be disappointed to see their historic run end, yet gaining a charity point places them on top of the NHL with 13 standings points. They’re also an impressive 4-0-1 on the road so far, which is heartening because Chicago began a six-game road trip tonight.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)