Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Senators forward Jason Spezza will miss his second straight game tonight with an injury the club isn’t willing to — or possibly just can’t — say much about.
“We’re waiting on the evaluation,” said Ottawa coach Paul MacLean today, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We don’t know.”
Spezza apparently suffered the “upper body” injury Sunday against the Penguins. The Sens managed to beat Washington last night without the 29-year-old, but an extended absence would prove a significant challenge.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 5
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 19
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46