Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Senators forward Jason Spezza will miss his second straight game tonight with an injury the club isn’t willing to — or possibly just can’t — say much about.
“We’re waiting on the evaluation,” said Ottawa coach Paul MacLean today, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We don’t know.”
Spezza apparently suffered the “upper body” injury Sunday against the Penguins. The Sens managed to beat Washington last night without the 29-year-old, but an extended absence would prove a significant challenge.
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 0
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 1
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112