Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Senators forward Jason Spezza will miss his second straight game tonight with an injury the club isn’t willing to — or possibly just can’t — say much about.
“We’re waiting on the evaluation,” said Ottawa coach Paul MacLean today, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We don’t know.”
Spezza apparently suffered the “upper body” injury Sunday against the Penguins. The Sens managed to beat Washington last night without the 29-year-old, but an extended absence would prove a significant challenge.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40