Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Senators forward Jason Spezza will miss his second straight game tonight with an injury the club isn’t willing to — or possibly just can’t — say much about.
“We’re waiting on the evaluation,” said Ottawa coach Paul MacLean today, per Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We don’t know.”
Spezza apparently suffered the “upper body” injury Sunday against the Penguins. The Sens managed to beat Washington last night without the 29-year-old, but an extended absence would prove a significant challenge.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 0
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 13
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10