Jan 30, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
It’s not as if Anderson has enjoyed a cushy start, either. As well as the Senators have been playing, he’s faced a little more than 30 shots per game on his way to some outstanding stats:
Anderson: 5-0-1, 0.99 GAA (six goals allowed in six games) and a .967 save percentage.
Also impressive: Anderson didn’t show the ill effects from back-to-back games; he made 31 out of 33 saves in a 3-2 win over the Washington Capitals last night.
For more on Anderson’s strong start, see this video:
Big backup Ben Bishop, 26, was in net for the team’s lone regulation loss as the Senators dropped a 6-4 decision to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jan. 25. Perhaps Bishop (and 21-year-old prospect Robin Lehner) will eventually challenge Anderson in the future, but the veteran goalie has a strong hold over the No. 1 job right now.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
He’s off to Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod.
May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
He was a healthy scratch for Games 1 and 2.
May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Young d-men Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski have impressed.
May 20, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
That’s Darnell Nurse, a highly-touted prospect for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
May 20, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
But don’t worry, Sens fans — he’s fine.
May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
San Jose’s Logan Couture played the hero on Saturday night.
May 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Which is exactly what the goalie was following Game 3.
May 20, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
All three captains are still competing in the playoffs.
May 20, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
And Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen was apparently on board.
May 20, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Washington is moving into a very tough division.
May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
He had no points and seven fights.
May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
Game 3 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 20, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 20, 2013, 1:56 AM EDT
Had success as a QMJHL coach in Quebec.
May 20, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
That close to going up 3-0.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
May 19, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Ottawa back in the series.
May 19, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Looked like a minor penalty. Went undetected.
May 19, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 3
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 8
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 42
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw