Jan 30, 2013, 10:07 PM EST
It’s not as if Anderson has enjoyed a cushy start, either. As well as the Senators have been playing, he’s faced a little more than 30 shots per game on his way to some outstanding stats:
Anderson: 5-0-1, 0.99 GAA (six goals allowed in six games) and a .967 save percentage.
Also impressive: Anderson didn’t show the ill effects from back-to-back games; he made 31 out of 33 saves in a 3-2 win over the Washington Capitals last night.
For more on Anderson’s strong start, see this video:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Big backup Ben Bishop, 26, was in net for the team’s lone regulation loss as the Senators dropped a 6-4 decision to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jan. 25. Perhaps Bishop (and 21-year-old prospect Robin Lehner) will eventually challenge Anderson in the future, but the veteran goalie has a strong hold over the No. 1 job right now.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)