Jan 30, 2013, 7:50 AM EDT
Throughout the season, NBCSN will feature the NHL’s fiercest rivalries on Wednesday nights. Tonight the Chicago Blackhawks will head to the Xcel Energy Center for a match against the Minnesota Wild at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Many players talked about the importance of a hot start before the condensed season got underway, but the Blackhawks were one of the few teams to successfully execute. They not only managed to bank points early, they’ve come through in tight contests and have set a franchise record with their 6-0-0 start.
Everything seems to be going right for Chicago so far this season. This isn’t just a matter of its top guys contributing either. 11 Blackhawks players have already found the back of the net and 10 have at least three points this season. Among those that don’t are blueliners Johnny Oduya and Niklas Hjalmarsson, who have instead chipped in by logging big minutes and doing some of the less talked about things like blocking shots.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Wild can match the Blackhawks blow-for-blow in terms of star power thanks to the summer additions of Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, but the big question is if they’re deep enough to compete with Chicago. Going into their match against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday, 10 of the Wild’s 13 goals had been netted by their top line of Parise, Dany Heatley, and Mikko Koivu.
That’s one of the reasons why Minnesota was 2-2-1 at that point. However, the Wild’s secondary scorers led the way against Columbus in a 3-2 win Tuesday. If they can do the same tonight, then Chicago might suffer its first loss of the season.
Top scorers: CHI – atrick Kane (2-7-9, 6 GP) | MIN – Parise (5-4-9, 6 GP)
Sep 30, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
It appears that he needs to enter the 2015 NHL Draft.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
It looks like the transition from Charles Wang’s ownership will ramp up soon.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
What a difference injuries and a nearing regular season makes …
Sep 30, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
He says the “progress has been really good.”
Sep 30, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Will this be another season to forget for Toronto?
Sep 30, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Called him “the best defenseman on the ice.”
Sep 30, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
Buffalo trims training camp roster to 30.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“We’ve got three games left here, so we really need to finalize what we’re going to do.”
Sep 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Both off to AHL Texas.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
“You don’t pay attention to that kind of stuff.”
Sep 30, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
“I’m not naive, I know as the season goes on it’ll become more of a talking point.”
Sep 30, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
D-man was likely headed to AHL Utica.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Looks like both have avoided serious damage.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
And they open at home on Oct. 10.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
So says Lindy Ruff.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Flyers captain will make preseason debut at Wells Fargo.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Could either catch on with another team?
Sep 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Another draft bust leaves the organization.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Defending Eastern Conference champs had some major turnover this summer.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Good things like getting an assist in three straight games.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)