Jan 30, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Kaleta, 26, will not travel to Boston for Thursday’s game against the Bruins, according to the Buffalo News.
There’s no timetable set for his return.
Brown was given a minor penalty for boarding on the play, but he won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
After the game, Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Kaleta was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
“It’s a neck injury,” said Ruff. “He was X-rayed here and they took a precaution. They took him for some further tests.”
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)