Jan 30, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Kaleta, 26, will not travel to Boston for Thursday’s game against the Bruins, according to the Buffalo News.
There’s no timetable set for his return.
Brown was given a minor penalty for boarding on the play, but he won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
After the game, Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Kaleta was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
“It’s a neck injury,” said Ruff. “He was X-rayed here and they took a precaution. They took him for some further tests.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)