Jan 30, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Kaleta, 26, will not travel to Boston for Thursday’s game against the Bruins, according to the Buffalo News.
There’s no timetable set for his return.
Brown was given a minor penalty for boarding on the play, but he won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
After the game, Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Kaleta was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
“It’s a neck injury,” said Ruff. “He was X-rayed here and they took a precaution. They took him for some further tests.”
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)