Jan 30, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Kaleta, 26, will not travel to Boston for Thursday’s game against the Bruins, according to the Buffalo News.
There’s no timetable set for his return.
Brown was given a minor penalty for boarding on the play, but he won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
After the game, Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Kaleta was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
“It’s a neck injury,” said Ruff. “He was X-rayed here and they took a precaution. They took him for some further tests.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (94)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)