Jan 30, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
If you missed the hit, you can watch it below (FF to :55):
Following that incident, Kaleta was taken to the hospital with a neck injury, according to NHL.com. He has been sidelined with head and neck injuries in the past.
“He was x-rayed here and they took a precaution,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “They took him for some further tests. I have no update.”
Interestingly, Ruff chose to defend Brown’s hit after the game.
“I thought he was sideways,” Ruff said. “Some of the obligation is on the player [being hit]. He wasn’t defenseless. It’s a tough area. It wasn’t a blatant run at a guy from behind.”
Sabres defenseman Mike Weber certainly took issue with the hit and fought Brown in the defense of his fallen teammate.
Update: According to Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski, Brown won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 10
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 22
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 76
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (79)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT