Jan 30, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
If you missed the hit, you can watch it below (FF to :55):
Following that incident, Kaleta was taken to the hospital with a neck injury, according to NHL.com. He has been sidelined with head and neck injuries in the past.
“He was x-rayed here and they took a precaution,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “They took him for some further tests. I have no update.”
Interestingly, Ruff chose to defend Brown’s hit after the game.
“I thought he was sideways,” Ruff said. “Some of the obligation is on the player [being hit]. He wasn’t defenseless. It’s a tough area. It wasn’t a blatant run at a guy from behind.”
Sabres defenseman Mike Weber certainly took issue with the hit and fought Brown in the defense of his fallen teammate.
Update: According to Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski, Brown won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans have a right to be upset with St. Louis 2
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)