Jan 30, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
If you missed the hit, you can watch it below (FF to :55):
Following that incident, Kaleta was taken to the hospital with a neck injury, according to NHL.com. He has been sidelined with head and neck injuries in the past.
“He was x-rayed here and they took a precaution,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “They took him for some further tests. I have no update.”
Interestingly, Ruff chose to defend Brown’s hit after the game.
“I thought he was sideways,” Ruff said. “Some of the obligation is on the player [being hit]. He wasn’t defenseless. It’s a tough area. It wasn’t a blatant run at a guy from behind.”
Sabres defenseman Mike Weber certainly took issue with the hit and fought Brown in the defense of his fallen teammate.
Update: According to Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski, Brown won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 7
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)