Jan 30, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
If you missed the hit, you can watch it below (FF to :55):
Following that incident, Kaleta was taken to the hospital with a neck injury, according to NHL.com. He has been sidelined with head and neck injuries in the past.
“He was x-rayed here and they took a precaution,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “They took him for some further tests. I have no update.”
Interestingly, Ruff chose to defend Brown’s hit after the game.
“I thought he was sideways,” Ruff said. “Some of the obligation is on the player [being hit]. He wasn’t defenseless. It’s a tough area. It wasn’t a blatant run at a guy from behind.”
Sabres defenseman Mike Weber certainly took issue with the hit and fought Brown in the defense of his fallen teammate.
Update: According to Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski, Brown won’t face a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)