Jan 30, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers lost again last night.
Check that: they lost badly again last night.
The 5-2 defeat in Tampa Bay was the Panthers’ fifth straight loss, a stretch that’s seen them outscored by a 23-5 margin.
After the game, Florida head coach Kevin Dineen was asked if his team deserved to be 1-5-0, which happens to be the worst record in the NHL.
“I think so,” Dineen said, per the Sun-Sentinel.
“Our record is fairly accurate of what we played the last four games. I hate to say it, we deserve to be where we are right now. I like the fact we have people in here that for a lot of us it’s a little bit of foreign territory. It’s a matter of us deciding how we’re going to deal with it and we will.”
Dineen’s remarks were somewhat more measured than the ones he made after Saturday’s 7-1 loss to the Flyers — a performance he called “embarrassing” and “atrocious.”
The Panthers were a surprise playoff team last season, winning the subpar Southeast Division with a 38-26-18 record. In the first round, they nearly eliminated the eventual Stanley Cup finalists New Jersey Devils, losing Games 6 and 7 in overtime.
But the playoffs seem like a long shot after just six games of the 2013 season. More likely is another high draft pick to add to their collection.
The fact the Panthers have the league’s worst goals-against average (4.00) also begs the question: Should GM Dale Tallon make a trade for Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo?
Florida hosts Winnipeg Thursday.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Brian Elliott is on in relief.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
That’s one Allen has to have.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He suffered two concussions this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The newly appointed Edmonton executive is already busy in his new role.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Eric Fehr would be ready for the second round.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Philly fired Craig Berube on April 17.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He last played at the 2006 tournament.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play the second half of Friday night’s win.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Chorney and Dumoulin could also head back to Wilkes-Barre for their playoff run.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been a healthy scratch for three games.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Blues and Sens need wins to force Game 7
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Another big rally at the Saddledome.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Putting on a clinic.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Corey Crawford’s back in.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)