Jan 30, 2013, 1:08 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils have placed enforcer Cam Janssen on waivers.
25 28, hasn’t been much of a factor this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
He was a healthy scratch for Tuesday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Boston, last dressing in Sunday’s overtime loss to Montreal.
A 2002 fourth-round pick, Janssen has played four of his eight NHL seasons with the Devils — but the writing was on the wall for Janssen back in July, when the Devils signed another enforcer, Krys Barch, to a two-year deal.
Barch has played in two of the last three games and engaged in a spirited scrap with Boston’s Shawn Thornton on Wednesday night.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (96)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)