Jan 30, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed enforcer Cam Janssen on waivers.
25 28, hasn’t been much of a factor this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
He was a healthy scratch for Tuesday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Boston, last dressing in Sunday’s overtime loss to Montreal.
A 2002 fourth-round pick, Janssen has played four of his eight NHL seasons with the Devils — but the writing was on the wall for Janssen back in July, when the Devils signed another enforcer, Krys Barch, to a two-year deal.
Barch has played in two of the last three games and engaged in a spirited scrap with Boston’s Shawn Thornton on Wednesday night.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5