Jan 30, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed enforcer Cam Janssen on waivers.
25 28, hasn’t been much of a factor this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
He was a healthy scratch for Tuesday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Boston, last dressing in Sunday’s overtime loss to Montreal.
A 2002 fourth-round pick, Janssen has played four of his eight NHL seasons with the Devils — but the writing was on the wall for Janssen back in July, when the Devils signed another enforcer, Krys Barch, to a two-year deal.
Barch has played in two of the last three games and engaged in a spirited scrap with Boston’s Shawn Thornton on Wednesday night.
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)