Jan 30, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed enforcer Cam Janssen on waivers.
25 28, hasn’t been much of a factor this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
He was a healthy scratch for Tuesday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Boston, last dressing in Sunday’s overtime loss to Montreal.
A 2002 fourth-round pick, Janssen has played four of his eight NHL seasons with the Devils — but the writing was on the wall for Janssen back in July, when the Devils signed another enforcer, Krys Barch, to a two-year deal.
Barch has played in two of the last three games and engaged in a spirited scrap with Boston’s Shawn Thornton on Wednesday night.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)