Jan 30, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed enforcer Cam Janssen on waivers.
25 28, hasn’t been much of a factor this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
He was a healthy scratch for Tuesday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Boston, last dressing in Sunday’s overtime loss to Montreal.
A 2002 fourth-round pick, Janssen has played four of his eight NHL seasons with the Devils — but the writing was on the wall for Janssen back in July, when the Devils signed another enforcer, Krys Barch, to a two-year deal.
Barch has played in two of the last three games and engaged in a spirited scrap with Boston’s Shawn Thornton on Wednesday night.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)