Jan 30, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Callahan appeared to suffer an injury of some sort during a third-period tussle with Philadelphia forward Maxime Talbot Tuesday.
According to Talbot, the two “were holding each other up and his shoulder popped out or something.”
Callahan immediately skated off the ice cradling his left arm.
Update: As per multiple sources, Callahan’s MRI revealed a shoulder subluxation (partial/incomplete dislocation) that will keep him out of the lineup between 10-14 days.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63